Chapter 24: Atlas

Author's Note:
Art by Reikiwie
You can guess who he's talking to.
*insert lenny face*

1 week later
Winter's P.O.V.

I unpacked my stuff and collapsed onto my bed in exhaustion. I finally arrived to Atlas' new base

A lot of things happened since I was gone.

I sighed, but all I wanted to do was sit back and do absolutely nothing.

Beep!!

Really?
I sat up and took my scroll from my desk. It was a text from Qrow.

Qrow: Good news Ice Queen!!

Winter: You finally got that beer you wanted.....

Qrow: No..... however..

Winter: I'm not buying it for you.... Qrow...

Qrow: ok...

Winter: Anyways... what's the good news?

Qrow: Someone came to say hello 😁

I gasped and almost dropped my phone as my eyes start to water

I gasped and almost dropped my phone as my eyes start to water. I thought she was dead when I went to the camp.....

My tears fall as it lands on the screen of my scroll.

Winter: Thank you.... so much Qrow..

Qrow: Don't mention it Ice Queen...

I smile, wiping away my tears.

Knock knock

I look at the door and straightened my uniform. "Come in..."

"Its been a long time Winter..." Mr. Ironwood said shutting the door behind him.

I stood up and saluted to him "Sir!!" I was in shock to see his state right now. He didn't shave his beard and his forehead had a bandage.

"I heard from your father, about your... current state...." he says, saying the 'current state' part very delicately.

I put a hand on my stomach. "So you know...."

He nods sadly "I have pressed charges against your father, however because of his position he denies it... we will be able to settle it on the court...."

"I see...." I said.

He smiles "Do you know who the other parent of the child was?"

I looked up my face red "I-I.." was the only thing that I managed to stammer out.

Suddenly a sharp pain pierced through my stomach. "Agh!!" I yelled. My knees falling to the ground.

"WINTER!!" Ironwood said holding my arms. I whimper in pain, wrapping my arm around my stomach as my eyes start to grow heavy.

"STAY WITH ME!! EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE!! CALL THE MEDIC!! DOCTOR!! SOMEONE!!"

There was more shouting after that, but before I could hear anymore. My vision turned black...