Chapter 25: A warm memory

10 years ago

Qrow's P.O.V.
"QROW!! Listen to me!!" 
I sighed putting my arms at the back of my head. "What do you want sis?"

Raven looks at me her velvet eyes piercing me. "You might've won the last round, but the next round of the tournament won't be easy!!"

I groan, I hated being in the tournament however it was the only way to catch headmaster's attention in Beacon. The tournament was basically a competition between schools and other students.

"Fine what do you want to do?" I said.

She smirks "A little birdie told me a little about your next opponent, you should use it as an advantage..."

We walked to a cafe where I leaned back, sitting on one of the chairs, "So basically we're cheating"

"I like to call it... slipping thtough the rules and getting ahead.." she hands me her phone.

I look at the screen revealing a beautiful girl, with white hair and cold eyes.

"She's hot..."
"SHE'S COLD!!"

Raven smacks my head. "OW!!"

"You dolt!! Stop drooling over her, you're gonna be fighting her for god sakes!!" She yells.

I scold at her "Don't worry I got it, I got it!!"

"And the next competitors will be!! Qrow Branhwen!!"

I wave to the crowd as they cheer my name entering the stadium.

"And the one who will fight against him is.... Winter Schnee!!"

A girl I've seen on Raven's phone walked into the arena drawing her sword.

"Wow, she looks more hot in real life." I said.

"ANNNNNDDDDD FIGHT!!"

I smiled slyly at her "I hate to beat you like this Ice princess, hope you don't mind if I win!!" I said spinning my sword into a Scythe.

She gets into position having her foot pointed towards me. "Oh please... if you're going to refer to me with royalty....." instead of slashing her sword she plants into the ground, letting mist surround the arena.

"Shit!!" I tense up, she's trying to blind me!!

Then all of the sudden the mist stops and she appears in front of me slashing her sword, as I feel my cheek cut from the blade. "Then call me Ice Queen!!" She says slashing her sword again. Which I barely dodge.

I retreat back then laugh a little "heh... alright, Ice Queen!!"

I groan in pain, HOLY CRAP HOW DID SHE BEAT MY ASS SO HARD LIKE THAT!!

Raven continues to yell at me, about how I'm a useless Huntsman assassins.

I groan putting the ice back on my chest. I must've gotten like 7 bruises here.

She sighs angrily "I told you!! To pay attention!!" She says tightening the bandage around my arm.

"HEY- OWW!! TAKE IT EASY!! JEEEZZZZ!!" I scream in pain.

She grumbles "You should be good now... I can't believe you would lose like that. Aghhh!!!" She continues to mumble angrily to herself.

I put my shirt back on and headed out, I can't deal with this headache!!

When I'm outside, snow starts to fall. "Great, this has to be my luckiest day..." I said.

I went to a cafe for some warmth and saw a familiar face inside. "Eh? Ice queen?" I said.

The girl spits her, what I think is tea? Out and looks at me with a cold glare.

"What's with that reaction?" I said sitting down next to her.

She wipes her mouth "Well, you're appearance makes me choke."

I look at her in disbelief "DAMN WOMEN!! ARE YOU ALWAYS THIS RUDE!!"

She looks at me injuries "Did I beat you that bad?"

"Yeah!! I like a 'sorry' or a 'OH!! I hope you're doing better!!"
"Believe me, the only response you would get is another injury..."

I put a hand to my heart "Wow, now I know why to call you ice queen?"

"And why's that?" She says looking up from her tea.

I lean closer to her putting a hand on my chest, "Cause you're heart is as cold as ice."

Qrow uses flirting skill.

"That's stupid..."

Its ineffective.

"THAT'S SO COLD!!" I yelled.
She sighs raising her hand as a waiter comes to her.

"How may I help you miss...."
"MY HEART HURTS!!"
"One hot chocolate please..."

I look up to see the waiter bring the hot chocolate and set it in front of me. "What's this for?"

She sips her tea. "You wanted an apology, right? Take this as an appreciation of being my opponent."

I look down at it, my eyes lighting up.

"THAT'S SO CUTE ICE QUEEN!!"
She spits her tea out a second time.

"IT IS NOT!!"
"AWWW ICE QUEEN YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO DO THAT!!"
"I DIDN'T AND I WON'T!!"

"Eh?" I woke up from my bed sitting up. Looking out the window as it snowed outside. Another memory.....

I smile "Ice Queen..."