Chapter 37: The Beginning

Winter's P.O.V.

His moves were weak, it was a shame. I expected much more from that confident attitude of his.

Clink!!

Our swords clashed against each others, my strength overpowering his. While he stepped back and back. Till I striked my opponent to the ground.

"Ackkk!!" My student groans, letting go of his sword and panting on the ground.

All the other students that had surrounded to watch the match had clapped in my victory. I took my helmet off as well, letting my white hair curl down to my shoulders.

"Now listen carefully my students.." I instructed strictly as I put my hand out for my opponent. "Fencing is different from other types of military combat."  Pulling him up to his feet.

I look up to my students, tapping my sword against the ground. "It is a style, where you must be precise and stand to be patient. Knowing the right moment to strike."

I take a look at my watch. "That'll be all. Class is dismiss, get home safely everyone."

My heel taps against the Atlas stone ground. People chat near the marketplaces and cafes, talking about their days. I sat down on the chair, waiting for my daughter, Blizzard and my sister, Weiss.

I twist my ring, it has been 5 years since Qrow died. His sacrifice saved millions from Atlas, leaving the place peaceful with no worries of Grimm invasions.

After Blizzard was born, Ironwood suggest I pick up military teaching for young hunters and huntresses. It wasn't like Beacon of course. It was just a little class that took place for a couple of hours, however I did enjoy my time with my students.

While I taught my students Weiss took care of Blizzard for me and gave her back to me after I was done with class.

It has been hard just as a single parent but, I felt happy shaping my daughter into a beautiful little girl. And deep down,

I know if Qrow were here he would feel happy as well..

"Mommy!!" A sweet voice yelled. I looked over to see my little girl run over to me as I wrapped her in my arms.

"How are you, honey?" I kissed her on the cheek. She giggled. "Good!! Aunt Weiss, walked me to the fair today!!"

Weiss walks up and pulls her cheek. "Who are you calling an aunt?! I'm twenty years old silly!" She stuck her tongue out to Blizzard, who in turn stuck it right back to her.

I chuckled, and set her to the ground. Holding her hand, I said. "So you two went to the fair, how was it?"

Weiss rolls her eyes, "This little girl, almost got lost ugh! She was talking to some weirdo on the street."

I looked over to my daughter. "Blizzard! How many times have I told you not to talk to strangers?"

Blizzard pouts, "I'm sorry mom! But this man said he knew you. He even told me to give something to you."

My eyebrows knit together and I crouched down next to her. Blizzard has met all the people I've met, could he be an enemy of some sort? "Blizzard, what did he give you?"

Blizzard's hand went into her dress pocket and in her tiny fingers, she gave me a sparkly ring.

Weiss' eyes widened. "Isn't that-"

I looked down at my ring and compared it with the one my daughter had. It was the same, the only person who could've had this ring was Qrow.

I took the ring from my daughter. "Where did you last see the man, Blizzard." I stood up, and took my sword out.