Red roses

Um hey thanks for almost 500 reads, thank you so much.
_____________________

Every year on his birthday Sebastian always received a rose from an anonymous source who claims to be close to him.

He never thought much of it because he thought it was a yearly prank or trick or it was simply someone trying to do some good in the world.

Every year at midnight his doorbell would ring three times with a certain rhythm and by the time he'd arrive, there would no trace of anyone, instead, a single rose would be carefully placed on his doorstep.

The colour of the roses always varied, but after he met Joseph the roses turned yellow, meaning friendship.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Can I ask you somethings?" He asked grabbing Joseph's attention, the younger man looked up with a smile.

"You already have." Joseph said playfully, Sebastian rolled his eyes.

"Alright then can I ask you TWO questions?" He said putting emphasis on the"two"

"You just did." He said with a sly grin.

"Whatever, did you know that every year someone gives me roses on my birthday, is it you?"

"Why would it be me?" He asked with a smile acting as if it were completely normal that someone gave him roses every year.

"They turned yellow after I met you, you know those mean friendship." He stated.

"I know, but why would I give you roses berfore I met you? Even though we worked in the same area for a long time, I didn't speak to you for quite a while."

"It doesn't take knowing someone to be nice." He stated matter of factly.

"That's true." Joseph said with a shrug.

"So is it you."

"I wish I was."

With a cry of surprise Sebastian practically spat out his drink and looked over at Joseph who had returned to typing as if nothing had happened, with a grunt her stood up and walked over to his room to take a shower all while eyeing Joseph.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He enjoyed it really, although he'd never admit out loud to anyone, not even Joseph, he quite liked receiving the roses, made him feel special...

Then almost as suddenly as it started thought, at one point there roses stopped, it was disappointing he actually for some reason enjoyed getting the roses.
Then they came back again, this time in a bouquet, it surprised him more than anything, he can still remember the first time the bouquet appeared.

There was never at note, not even once but seeing as the bouquet was always RIGHT against his door he simply took it inside and gently placed them in a vase and left them.
_____________________________

The doorbell rang suddenly and he sat up with a grumble making his way towards the door with a single glance at the clock: 1:20 am, to tired to even bother with how the bell was late he quickly walked towards the door and practically swung it open looking down, he saw no roses and instead he bumped into someone, he looked up and froze.

"Jojo?"

"Hiya." He pulled out a bouquet "These were all the way over there, you said someone gave you roses so I decided to bring them to your door." He said smiling.

"Oh...Oh okay t.. Thanks." He quickly took the roses Joseph was holding in this outstretched arms and quickly turned around after saying goodnight, he took three steps before he froze and dropped the roses as realisation hit hard.

They were red.

Without a second though he flung himself at the door and slammed it open and glanced around, but Joseph was nowhere.

____________________________
Fuck, enjoy my terrible try at third person

But uh anyway

I got this idea during class XD also the story itself is exactly 600 words so there's that.

Red roses mean love btw.
~G