Unexpected Guest

It had to be Bucky. Steve thought. There was no way it wasn’t.

He sat at the table, staring down at the piece of paper. The writing was sloppy, but he knew it was Bucky. He’d seen him, it wasn’t an illusion. It couldn’t have been.

Steve sighed, holding his head. He remembered so many memories. Some too painful to mention. Others were reasons why he and Bucky were best friends.

Closing his eyes, he lay his head down on the table.

Punch after punch was being thrown at Steve and not a one he would back down to. He wouldn’t let a bully beat him too easily. Ever. He wouldn’t give them that satisfaction.

This had happened before in other situations all around Brooklyn. In alleys, behind stores and on different streets. All of them had something in common as well. Steve was just trying to do something good for the sake of others and respect.

But, yet another punch was thrown at him, making Steve twist and fall to the ground. Doing this only made him stronger. In a away, it gave him more courage to stand up to the bullies.

Steve pushed himself to his feet. His hands were up in a defensive position and his eyes on his attacker.

“I can do this all day.” He said, and then the bully’s fist met Steve’s face once again, knocking him to the ground. Steve stayed there, not sure if he truly had the strength to stand up again.

“Hey.”

The attacker turned around only to get punched himself. The man that came to Steve’s rescue turned the bully towards the streets and kicked him in the rear end, sending him on his way. The man turned to Steve, helping him up.

“Sometimes I think you like getting punched.”

“I had him on the ropes.” Steve said, dusting himself off of the dust and grime from the alley.

Bucky bent to the ground, grabbing the enlistment form for Steve’s application. “How many times is this?”

Steve merely looked at the ground.

“Ah, you’re from Paramus now. You know it’s illegal to lie on your enlistment form. And seriously, Jersey?” Bucky grinned down at the form.

From the corners of his eyes, Steve could see Bucky’s military uniform. “Did you get your orders?”

Bucky grinned over to Steve proudly. “The one-o-seventh. Sergeant James Barnes shipping for England first thing tomorrow.”

Steve winced in pain as his mind sling shot out of a memory. It was a memory Steve both loved and hated at the same time. One that caused him so much grief and heartbreak he had to love it.

The flashback made Steve get a pounding migraine so intense he pushed himself from the table and paced to the bathroom medicine cabinet. Scrounging through different pain relievers he finally found on for his head.

“Captain Rogers!” a slightly distant, familiar voice bounced off every wall and straight to Steve’s eardrum, not helping his headache at all. “Rogers!”

Steve held the side of his head. “Coming!” he yelled back, walking to the front door. Gradually, Steve unlocked the door and cautiously opened it partway.

“We need to have a serious talk.”

Steve stared at the man in front of him all dressed in black. He wore a long, black trnch coat with the collar turned up. Under the coat were black pants and shirt. And of course a black eye patch that loops around his dark skinned head.

“Director Fury?”

A/N

This is the last update for this weekend! Sorry! But, I will be updating every weekend (unless something comes up that is)

I'm pretty sure you can guess who the "unexpected guest" is buuut, that just means you'll have to wait till enxt weekend to find out WHAT they will be talking about.

Next Dedication goes to gingerjustice12 for being the second to comment!