Revelation

They split apart and the world suddenly fell into place. No feeling or emotion had ever crossed them like this before. It was something different and soothing, unlike the other times they had been with someone. This was like finding a puzzle piece. They knew there was something. They knew there had been chemistry, a connection. A bond way beyond brothers. It was a link of eternal friendship, of soul mates. The feeling was of love, honest to God love. And they had finally found each other’s missing puzzle piece

“Steve, you felt that...right?”

Leaning back, Steve stared at Bucky. “Did you?” Steve hoped he had.

“Yeah,” The breath from Bucky’s lungs had left him nearly speechless, but still able to have him speak small sentences.

Neither of them knew what to do. Smile and kiss again? Get up and leave? Or…

“Steve, we might want to talk about this.” Bucky gazed at him, still stuck in the previous breath taking moment.

“You’re right. I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have…”

“No,” Bucky cut him off. “You should have. And you did.”

“I know. What I’m trying to say is I’m not sure why I did that. I mean, I do, but I just,”

“Heat of the moment?” Bucky suggested.

There had definitely been a moment. And definitely heat. The problem was that Steve wasn’t sure how to explain any of his actions. He knew why he did it; he felt attracted to Bucky. But, there was another problem. How could he be sure Bucky would understand and even except Steve?

“Bucky, I have to know or else it will kill me from the inside out. Did you really feel something just then? Or was it just me and you telling me you did?”

“I hadn’t felt anything like that in my whole life. Steve, I’ve been holding back the same thing. I am attracted to you; there is no doubt about it. But, I’m curious as to why you are to me?”

“I don’t know.” Steve began to get flustered.

“Start from the beginning. As far back as you can think.”

Steve drew in a deep breath and began to think. “Okay, well, in the 1940’s I guess. For so long you believed in me, even pre-serum. Not many people thought I could ever be in the war, join the army, granted you did try and stop me from going, but I knew you cared. And somehow that set something off inside me. Aside from that, you were, and are, my best friend. You stuck with me through my parents death, you took me in, cared for me. And then when you fell, my whole mind, body and soul broke into pieces because I never got to tell you how I really felt. And then after I saw you again six months ago I thought there could be some hope. And now that you are here, I knew there was a chance. When I kissed you it felt real and tangible. I felt a deeper connection with you than I ever had with anyone else and to me it felt like we were…”

Steve shook his head, but Bucky knew what he was about to say.

“Like we were made for each other. As ridiculous as you think it may sound, it doesn’t Steve. Like you said, it’s real.” Bucky finished for him, placing a hand on Steve’s knee. “There is something here, with us. It’s just that we are only discovering now.”

There was a good, long moment where all they did was look at each other in silence. Because that’s all they needed to do. Just as they always had, they understood each other without having to say any more than what was needed.

For Steve, it was nice to know Bucky understood and felt the same. It was more of a relief honestly. There had always been a weight resting on Steve’s chest just because of this and now it was gone, completely obliterated.

“Now, there is one problem.” Bucky said, leaning against the back of the couch.

“What?”

“Agent Rebekah Grey, your current girlfriend, whom you went out with tonight and have been for the past two months.”

Steve nodded, completely forgetting about it. “That’s right.”

Bucky cocked his head to the side, resting his head on his propped up arm. “What are you going to do?”

“I guess I should tell her that I can’t see her anymore. I just hope she’d understand.” Steve rubbed his tired eyes, and then held his head on the sides.

“You might want to be careful telling her, Steve. You’re still the only one that knows about me being here.”  Bucky warned.

“Got it. I’ll sleep on how I’ll tell her. Maybe if I sleep something will come to mind.” Steve propelled himself from the couch and turned towards his bedroom. “Good night, Bucky.”

“Wait. Come here.”

Turning around, Steve saw Bucky still sitting on the couch. A mental push urged Steve to walk to him and retrace his steps. Blame it on the attraction. Steve stopped in front of Bucky, leaning down, his arm landing on one side of his head. Just as natural as the first, Bucky leaned up and kissed Steve lightly, cradling his neck in his cold, metal hand.

“Night, Steve.”

A/N 

Yay! things are kind of resolved for Stucky! But, there is the matter of Agent Grey....

Anywho, I am deeply sorry for delaying this chapter. For some reason my head completely blanked out and couldn't figure out what to do. But, hey! here it is!

At exactly 2:13 a.m. last night I watched the Winter Soldier. I couldn't help myself. Lol

I'm gonna promote my book real quick here. It's called Mercenary and it is a Captain America FanFic. It will be the filler story I work on while I am having writer's block with this one. =) You can check it out if you'd like.

Want me to promote your book? Just ask! Want a dedication? Just ask!

This weeks dedication goes to Retro_Stars!!