Confessions

The Winter Soldier's eyes snapped open the second he was awake, thrusting himself upwards. His back and neck were sore, his shoulder was in immeasurable pain and his skull was throbbing. Every inch of him hurt.

Bucky looked around. He remembered where he was and why he came here. When Bucky came to Steve's apartment he could barely hold himself up. He wasn't even able to speak, atleast as far as he remembers. He looked down at himself. Over his chest were the white bandages with faint signs of blood seeping through. Swinging his legs off the couch, Bucky rubbed his eyes, head and neck.

"Hey, buddy." Steve came over with a glass of water and handed it to Bucky.

"Thanks." Bucky grumbled, guzzling down the entire glass. He'd been deprived of any kind of clean, healthy sustanances ever since his failure in ending Steve.

"So," the Captain rested his elbows on his knees. "How do you feel?"

Setting the glass on the coffee table, Bucky tried to smile. "Like Hell."

Steve smiled too, knowing there was still a part of the old Bucky under the harsh Winter Soldier exterior.

"Did the bandages help?" Steve nodded to Bucky's chest. In response, Bucky began to unwrap the thick bandages finally getting to the guaze pad drenched in dry blood, but no wound. Just a small, circular scar.

"Must have. Thanks." Bucky rubbed the area, but winced the second he applied the slightest pressure. "Still sore though."

"To be honest, I thought you wouldn't wake up." Steve glanced at the ground and back at Bucky.

"Why? How long was I out?"

"Four days. You've been laying on my couch for over half a week. A couple of times you flinched and moaned, but other than that..." Steve disregarded.

Bucky has no reason to be worried. They wouldn't come looking for him anyway. There was a reason they said to not come back till he found Steve. He'd found the Captain atleast, but he couldn't take him back.

"About the night you came to my apartment," Steve leaned back in his arm chair, scratching his head.

"Yeah." Bucky mumbled.

"You said 'help.' Why did you say that?"

Sighing, Bucky shifted uncomfortably. He knew he had to tell Steve, He had to warn him about them, the doctors. Bucky had to confess.

"Well, it's...it's about Hydra. They're still operating."

"Okay. Where at?"

"Brooklyn. Well, they're all over actually. Hydra is acting like a disease. They're spreading all over the country."

"Why?"

"To gain control."

"And what about you? Do they still need you?"

Bcuky swallowed hard. 'Yes. Ever since our...incident a while back I've remembered things. Just little scenes.

"What about?"

Steve's eyes filled with hope and belief. He'd been so anxious to know what Bucky remembered and what he didn't.

"Memories of us when we were young. Memories of the 1940's. Sometimes I remember what they did to me." Bucky tried hard no to tear up when he looked at his metal, unnatural, inhuman arm.

"If you don't mind me asking, Bcuky, what else did they do?"

Drawing in a sharp breath, Bcuky retraced his memories and began to recollect them. "Aside from them tearing off my arm? Well, when I didn't kill you on the heli-carrier they'd burn me, cut me, electricute me. Once my wounds healed even the slightest bit, they'd go ahead and rip them open again. When they found out I failed my mission, they tortured me."

"Bucky, I-I'm so sorry. What are you doing to do now?"

"For now, all they know is that I still believe you are my mission and that I need to kill you. When you followed me again four days ago and I had to go, I actually went to their head quarters. For the past four months they've been sending me out and having me report back to them on your location, but I never actually told them I knew where you were. But they never brain washed me again. They didn't see a need for it if they think I'm still under their control. But, the night I came to you was the night they told me not to come back till I found you."

"What about their head quarters; where is it?"

"I can't tell you." Bucky looked shamefully at Steve.

"Why not?"

"I just can't." Bucky shrugged, his blue-green eyes widening.

"Bucky, if you don't tell me I can't try and bring them down. I wouldn't be able to stop them for good if you don't tell me." Steve tried to convince him, but it was hardly working.

"It's too early, Steve. If you try and bring them down now it won't work."

"Doing it early is the best time. They wouldn't expect it, Buck."

Bucky stood to his feet. "No. It's not. They would expect you, anyone, to attack in th beginning. We need to wait till they think they are home free."

"That doesn't even make sense, Bucky!" Steve stood too, rasing his voice. "What about back in the 1940's whe you got into the army? You attacked on sight. You didn't wait till half your men died!"

"Going in head strong instead of waiting caused half my men and me to get captured and nearly killed!" Bucky screamed, his voice echoing into the dead silence.

Both of them stood in front of the other, knowing exactly who had the better point. Steve stared at the ground, rubbing his neck. He may not have liked the idea, but Bucky was right.

"Okay. Fine. We will wait till you think it is time."

A/N

Holy Crapola! I think that is one of the longest chapters I wrote. It may not have been the best, but dang!

If you ever want a dedication, a follow or to have me check out your story just message me and I will get on it!!! XD

Anywho!

First fight for Bucky and Steve!!! Personally, I can't tell whether to feel bad for them or feel bad for myself that I had to write it. 

At the moment, my neck and back hurt like hell 'cuz I went on a hike this weekend up my mountain with my dad. We gathered some wild Huckleberries and Raspberries along the way.

But, enough about that.

This weeks dedication goes to......samix786!!!! XD