Welcome To The Family

"Director Fury?" Steve looked at him obscurely. "I thought you disappeared. You know, trying to avoid exposing yourself."

Nick Fury raised his eyebrow at him. "Does it look like I disappeared, Captain Rogers?"

Understanding, Steve opened the door wider and stepped aside. "Come in, please."

Director Fury stepped into the apartment, looking around. It's changed. Of course the bullet holes in the walls were gone, but now it was fresher, more modern.

Just as Steve was about to shut the door, a woman stepped through. He blinked at the sudden appearance of her. She had on the same leather outfit Natasha and Agent Hill wore with long, wavy, dusky brown hair over her shoulders and olive green eyes, Her head was high above the ground at five feet and seven inches. Steve glanced at Nick.

"Oh yes. Captain Rogers, this is Agent Rebekah Grey, our newest member of S.H.I.E.L.D." Fury stood facing the two with his hands folded behind his back. 

The new agent stood to the right of Steve as he shut the door. "We would have been here sooner but I ran into someone on the way to meeting Director Fury. Rather he ran into me."

"Who?" Steve abruptly asked.

"I-I don't know. He was tall, um, oddly long brown hair with greenish blue eyes."

Bucky.  Steve thought.

"Is there something wrong, Captain?" Fury questioned.

"Oh, no. No. I was just curious is all." Steve shrugged, trying to come across nonchalant. "Anyway, it's nice to meet you, Rebekah."

"Like wise, Captain." Agent Grey smirked.

Steve turned to Fury, clearing his throat. "I thought S.H.I.E.L.D was gone, done? Didn't Hydra take over?"

"They did." Nick fury stated matter-of-factly.

"Then how-"

Fury held up his hand. "Before we get carried away with all the questions, we might want to sit down. There's a lot  we have to talk about."

Nodding his head, Steve led Director Fury and Agent Rebekah Grey to the kitchen table. They sat down and Fury started to read the little, tattered note.

Nick pointed at it. "What's this?"

"Nothing." He quickly grabbed the note from the table, folding it and stuffing it in his pocket. "Just some more stuff I missed the past seventy years."

Way too close. Steve muttered to himself.

The three of them sat at the table staring at each other till Steve finally spoke. "So, why are you here?"

"We are re-starting S.H.I.E.L.D." Agent Grey spoke, instantly capturing Steve's attention, sending chills down his spine. "While you were in the hospital, Fury made the decision to get S.H.I.E.L.D going again."

"That also means our next main priority is to protect the ones we need the most." Fury folded his hands on the table.

"The Avengers." Steve mumbled.

"Exactly." Director Fury nodded. "That's why Agent Grey is here. She is moving into the empty apartment across from you."

Steve leaned forward, truly intrigued. "What about the others?"

"Thor is home in Asgard. Banor has a temporary home with Mr. Stark and Ms. Pots still. As for Natasha and Clint, they protect each other. The only one left to keep an eye on is you."

"Okay," Steve swallowed. "What about Hydra? Do we know if they are reforming?"

"As of right now, we don't know. If they are planning on re-starting, it's pretty discrete." Rebekah crossed her leg, leaning back.

"So... what does that mean for us?" Steve asked.

"It means we are going to wait. Until then, Agent Grey may need some help adapting to Brooklyn. I'm sure she would greatly appreciate it if you'd show her around and help her move in." Director Fury stood to his feet, as did Rebekah Grey and Steve.

"Of course."

"Good. Now, between then and now, don't do anything stupid, Rogers." Fury grasped the door handle of the front door, twisting and opening it.

Nick Fury and Rebekah Grey slipped out the door, leaving Steve alone in the big apartment all over again.

A/N

YAY I updated! 

So what do you think of Agent Rebekah Grey so far? Can S.H.I.E.L.D trust her??? 0.o

I promise there will be some Bucky next chapter!!!!

Comment. Vote. Follow. You know the dealio! ;D

Dedication goes to this week, itsmerachel1995