Birthday

I decided that I'd put the whole Tom thing behind me. I would never let a guy ruin a day like this.

It was my 25th birthday! And I knew the girls had something big planned.

They served me breakfast in bed and told me the plans they had.

Kate was overly excited as usual. "Okay, we are hanging out all day, going to dinner at a really nice place, then we are finding a bar or, whatever English people call it here, and then we are getting drunk!

I laughed. "Sounds like a pretty amazing birthday!"

Kate got up and said "I know right!" then she went to get ready.

Alexis sat down next to me on the bed. "I wanted to give this to you in private. Its a present for your 25th."

It was a rectangular box. Inside was a silver, heart-shaped necklace. It said the words 'Best Friends Forever' on it.

I smiled and said "Awe Lex, Its beautiful, but you didn't have to-" before I could finish my sentence, she told me to turn it around.

I did. On the other side of the heart was the 3 names..  Jessica, Tara, Alexis.

She explained. "I got it made before she passed away. I thought it would mean more to you now. Because we are, and will always be, best friends forever."

I took the necklace and grasped it in my hand, then hugged Alexis. Tears rolling down my cheek. "I love it. Thank you Lex."

She smiled and said "Don't mention it. Now come on and get ready. We have the whole day together!

-

-

Once I got ready, we were ready to go. I slipped the scarf in my closet and put the necklace around my neck.

I heard a knock on the door. Assuming it was house keeping.

It wasn't.

Kate called me and told me to go there. And suddenly I knew who it was.

I got to the door and saw Tom. He said quickly "Can I talk to you?"

I closed the door and stood in the hallway with Tom. "What's up?" I acted like I wasn't affected by him not calling me back.

"I'm sorry that I didn't answer my phone. I had a little family matter I had to tend to. And I didn't even know if it was you who was calling me because you didn't leave a voice message."

I should have left a voice message. "Its alright, I understand."

He began to speak. "Well, I needed to see you, just to make sure you weren't mad."

I smiled. "No I'm not mad at all." I was jumping for joy inside. He was so worried I was angry with him that he came all the way here. So sweet. So thoughtful.

"So what are you doing today?" he asked.

"I'm going out to dinner with the girls for my birthday."

He stopped and looked at me with shock. "Its your birthday!? Oh dear I'm so sorry, I didn't know, I didn't get you anything! I'm terribly sorry."

I laughed and stopped him from having a panic attack. "Tom, its alright! How could you have known? Haha!"

He smiled. "Well the least I can do is pay for your dinner tonight." he took out his wallet.

I suddenly had an idea. I said " Just come with us." I said with a grin.

He looked shocked. "Me? But don't you want it to just be you and your friends?"

I answered, "I don't think they'll mind you tagging along. Plus, I'd like to have you there. I mean after all, it is my birthday.

He laughed. "I would be honored to spend the day with you."

Then, without warning, he kissed my lips. And took my breath away. Again.

I loved it.

Obviously Kate opens the door to the room and sees us. "Ohhhhhh! Get a room you two!" she shouts.

I wanted to kill her.

Instead I laughed and so did Tom.

Tom turned to Kate and Alexis and asked. "Would it be alright if I tagged along today?"

They obviously agreed. They would love hanging out with a celebrity all day.

It was shaping up to be a good start to my birthday. I couldn't wait for the rest of the night.

-

-

We explored London together. Tom was holding my hand, talking to the girls about Loki and making them laugh.

I soaked it all in. Everything was perfect.

When we got to dinner, Tom paid for everything. The girls thanked him.

As Kate and Alexis talked to eachother, I whispered to Tom, "Thank you so much."

He whispered back. "Happy Birthday sweetheart."

That sent shivers down my spine. Sweetheart. He just made my night.

After dinner we found a bar. And we drank. I didn't want to become sloppy so I had a couple beers. Not much.

Tom drank less than me. He obviously was a little tipsy. But not drunk.

The girls... they were, DRUNK!

By the end of the night, Alexis could barely walk and Kate passed out on the bar, after dancing.... on the bar.

I looked at Tom, he seemed pretty amused by them.

"Wanna help me bring em' home?" I asked.

He looked at me. "It would be my honor." he laughed.

The bartender called a cab. I led Alexis to the cab while Tom carried Kate.

Once we got them to the hotel and in their beds, I asked Tom if he wanted a drink.

We sat and talked all night. We laughed about the girls.

Then he said something that I will never forget. "I'm so happy I met you."

I smiled and took his hand in mine. "I am too. You know, I wasn't even going to come."

"Why?" he asked curiously.

I answered. "This trip was from my sister. It was a birthday present to me, before she died. I told Alexis that I couldn't go. And she some how, talked me into going."

He smiled. "Remind me to thank Alexis one day."

I smiled. "I will."

He spent the night with me. I am pretty sure that anyone with a brain can put the pieces together. So I don't have to tell you what happened exactly.

Let me just say. It was the best day ever.