Leap of Hope

I woke up and went into the kitchen. Kate was up. She was sitting at the table on my laptop. Yes... my laptop. Without asking. Thanks Kate.

"What are you doing with my laptop?" I asked.

"Come here." she said.

I walked over to her. "What?"

She looked around then whispered. "I'm able to get the tickets today. What day do you want to go?"

I was confused. "What are you talking about?"

She rolled her eyes. "Skydiving. When do you want to go?"

I smiled. She was really fast. "As soon as possible, I guess."

She gave me a mischievous look. "You think today would be okay?"

I laughed. "Your joking. Right?"

She shook her head. "I'm not joking. The tickets are available today. So, is today good?"

I was surprised. But this wasn't for me, it was on Alexis' bucket list. "Let's do it!" I said.

She printed out the tickets and hid them in her purse right before Alexis got up.

"Hey what are you guys doing?" Alexis said.

Kate and I grinned at each other. "Ohh nothing."

She knew we were lying. "Guys... what are you doing? Tell me please."

We laughed again. "We have a surprise for you. So get ready because we are hanging out today."

She smiled. "Okay, but just so you know... you guys are scaring me."

-

-

We got ready and left for the day. I was excited and scared. In a few hours, I was going to jump out of a plane. I decided to text Tom. It might be the last time I talked to him... I could die today!

Message to Tom: Hey handsome! Well The girls and I are doing an activity on Alexis' bucket list. Skydiving. Just in case I don't make it, I love you always! Xoxo. Sorry to scare you like this! Haha

Okay the text might have been a little dramatic but I didn't care.

Alexis still had no idea where we were going. I kind of felt bad that we still didn't tell her.

We pulled up into the place and she saw the sign that said 'Skydiving' on it. And she turned to me. "Are you guys out of your minds!?"

I laughed. "Possibly." (Loki Reference)

Alexis shook her head. "Oh my lord! I'm so scared!!!!"

Kate giggled. "I thought this is what you wanted?!"

She turned to Kate. "Yeah! but I wanted  a little warning before you took me!!!"

We were all so nervous. As we were walking into the building, Tom texted me back.

Message from Tom: Oh dear! Don't say that! You are going to be fine! Have fun and be safe love. And I hope you like jumping out of a plane! ;) Love you always.