Dance

Alexis had been sleeping all day. She was definitely tired from the beach. I didn't want to leave her, I was too scared.

I sat in the chair by Alexis, I was a little tired too, so I slowly started dazing off...

-

-

Then Kate walked in. The sound of the door made me jump from my seat. Alexis was still sound asleep.

Kate laughed. "Did I scare you?"

I shook my head and rubbed my tired eyes. "Nope, I was um, just resting."

She rolled her eyes. "Jess, you look exhausted. You haven't slept or ate in almost 2 days now. You haven't even left the hospital."

I shook my head. "I can't go. What if something happens while I'm gone? I would never forgive myself if something happened to Lex and I wasn't there for her."

Alexis scared me, she looked up at me and spoke. "Jessica, nothing is going to happen, go get some rest, in a real bed, go eat something that hasn't come out of vending machine, and go talk to Tom."

I sighed and looked over to Alexis, then to Kate. "Okay! You guys win. I'll go home for a while. But I'm coming back tonight."

Kate smiled and gave Alexis a high five. I left.

-

-

I finally had a good sleep. A little nap, but still... a good sleep, uninterrupted. I had a nice meal, and I relaxed. But my mind was still on Alexis. I felt so nervous to be away from her, I felt guilty that I wasn't taking care of her.

I called Tom and got my mind off everything.

"Hello?" He answered.

I smiled at his voice. "Hey Tom. Its me."

"Hey gorgeous. What's up?"

I told his about how Alexis and Kate made me go home and get some rest.

He laughed. "Good! You have friends that care about you. Did you actually relax?"

I laughed. "I am relaxed, when I'm talking to you." He is usually the one to say cute things, I thought I would say something cute before he did.

He was obviously surprised. "Jess, I don't know what to say... I'm happy I make you feel that way."

I smiled. "Me too."

Yes! I finally beat him at saying cute things.

Or did I..

He changed the subject. "I miss you Jessica."

"I miss you too Tom."

Then he said something so, unexpected.

"I want to dance with you." He said.

I was surprised. And confused. "Dance?"

He chuckled. "Yes, I want to dance with you some day."

I nervously replied. "Tom, I don't dance."

It was quiet. He finally said something.

"What do you meant you don't dance? Everyone dances!"

I laughed. "I just, don't dance. I never danced before. I never learned."

He spoke. "Jess, what I've learned is that you only need one thing to know how to dance."

"And what is that?" I asked.

"The right partner." He said.

I smiled. He definitely beat me. He said the cutest thing. I was speechless.

He added. "So, when we see each other, promise you will dance with me?"

I laughed. "I promise I will dance with you Tom Hiddleston."

-

-

We hung up and I smiled. All I had to do was hear his voice and my whole mood changed.

Before I left, I went into Tara's room. I wanted to talk to my sister. "Tara, where ever you are, I love you, I miss you and I hope you are smiling down on me."

I took her scarf and wrapped it around my neck. I held the necklace in my hand and kissed it, then let it fall around my neck, closest to my heart. Both Alexis and Tara were closest to my heart.

I took some books, my laptop, and a couple movies, and left for the hospital.

As I was driving, I thought of what Tom said about dancing. 'The right partner.' That sounded so familiar. I pulled over to the side of the road, and thought to myself. Then I remembered. In Captain America, Agent Carter and Steve Rogers of course! He got that saying from one of my favorite movies! He did it on purpose. Tom knew I loved Marvel movies.

I texted him later that night.
Message to Tom: "Remember, you still owe me that dance." ;) (another Captain America quote.)

He messaged me back right away.
Message from Tom: "I knew that you would get that reference. It took you long enough!"

I laughed at his message and continued my drive to the Hospital.

He was just too perfect for me.

How many people have watched Captain America: The First Avenger ??? If you haven't, its a really good movie and I strongly recommend you watch it!!!! :) I think Jessica and Tom are just the perfect couple!