Keepsake

The funeral was today. I didn't want to get move. I had this same feeling the day of Tara's funeral.

Kate had slept over the night before. She was waiting for me in the kitchen. "Jessica are you ready?"

I sighed, that question once again. I remembered the day of Tara's funeral, when Alexis had asked me that same question. I took a deep breath and ignored the memory, I didn't want to cry. I had no more tears. I had no more energy.

"I'm ready." I took Tara's scarf and wrapped it around my neck. I lied. I wasn't ready at all.

-

-

The casket sat right in the center of a bunch of people in black clothing. All of Alexis' family and friends. I looked around. The only colorful thing in sight, was the scarf, that I wore over my black clothes.

I stared at the casket. My friend is in that box. I tried wrapping my head around that fact.

This was it. We could say our last words before Alexis went 6 feet under. I walked up to the casket. A tear fell from my face, and just when I thought I had no more tears. I kissed the casket. "Love you Lex." And I took the scarf off. And laid it out across the casket. "Pinky Promise."

-

-

The funeral had passed. She had been buried in the cemetery. Not far from my sister's grave. I was happy about that. I was also happy about the fact that She had my sisters scarf, with her all the time. She needed it more than me. It probably gets cold, down there in the ground.

I didn't need the scarf anymore. I knew that whenever I wanted Alexis and Tara by my side, I would just remember. I would grasp the necklace in my palms and remember the good times. That is all I needed.

-

-

The month flew by. Kate and I have been hanging out everyday since the funeral. When I'm with her, it reminds me of Alexis, and Tara. And she always finds a way to make me laugh, even on the days when I just want to stay in bed, and cry.

I had those kinds of days a lot. And when Kate wasn't there to make me laugh, Tom was just a phone call away.

Short Part! Putting another up right now:) The next part will surprise you!!!!!!!!!! x.Ashley

Unexpected (Tom Hiddleston Fanfiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें