- what to do?

after leaving the doctor's office, jaeden sat in his mom's car as he decided what to do.

the doctor suggested talking to wyatt to see if there is a possibility that the feelings could be returned before deciding to get the surgery.

him? talk to wyatt? never in a million years.

"sweetie, i honestly think the best thing for you to do right now is do what the doctor said. just start talking to him more often, sitting with him, and trying to include yourself. i know you're really shy honey but the surgery is expensive and i don't know how long it will take me to get the money so just try in the meantime," his mother interrupted my thoughts.

"what if i try to talk to wyatt and i cough flower petals all over him? he'll think i'm so weird."

"no buddy, he'll think you're cool. i guarantee that none of his other friends are coughing up flower petals."

jaeden loved that his mom was so supportive but he didn't really think that she understood high school and the people in it at all.

jaeden had to atleast try and figure out if the feelings were returned. his family wasn't the richest and he couldn't afford to cough up petals the remainder of his high school career so he had to try.