Parental Advisory

Breakfast

"mama, where's my colour pen-"

"sweetheart, i put them into your bag already."

"then what about my sungla-"

"on the dresser, darling."

"my stuffed ele-"

"in the wash, dear."

"mama mama, what about brea-"

"your lucky charms with milk and pancakes are on the table, honey- careful with the maple syrup- jeon jeongguk can you come over here and help our son!" jimin hollers, plating the freshly cooked scrambled eggs to complete jeongguk's hearty american breakfast, full of french toast, baked beans, sausages and ham, hash browns.

it's a typical monday in the jeon household; jimin making breakfast, jeongguk's going to work and dropping taehyung off at preschool on the way. coming into the kitchen bleary eyed, jeon jeongguk is a mess because he's operating on five hours of sleep, groaning that he can't find his favourite red tie that he wears for all his presentations.

a sulky mess, his collars are flipped because he woke up ten minutes late- taehyung’s too busy laughing at 'daddy's funny duck-butt hair' as he clambers and jumps up onto the high chair eagerly, stuffing his face with a handful of cereal, while daddy squeezes a dollop of syrup onto the pancakes and adds some cream the way he likes his. the jeon household is always buzzing with activity, especially when their adorable toddler taehyung is around, full of life and energy.

jimin sighs, setting the frying pan and condiment bowls into the sink before he saunters to the tv console, pulling out the neatly folded crimson silk tie from the second drawer. he sighs again as he puts it on for his husband, tying it effortlessly to the perfect length in a windsor knot and thereafter proceeding to smoothen the crinkles in his dress shirt, straighten his lapels, brush aside stray strands from fluffy mousy brown bed hair.

taehyung covers his eyes cutely, like playing peek a boo while he munches on his pancakes. “papa! you're looking at mama with the heart eyes again!”

jeongguk has no response to that because it is indeed true; so he just murmurs, close enough for jimin to hear, “reason #1507 why i love you,” and kisses him sweetly on the forehead. jimin, who still blushes real hard even though they've been together for so long, long enough to have taehyung, flutters his eyelashes daintily- and they start their daily morning kisses routine, until their overexcited child jumps down from his high chair in anticipation.

“mama! papa! taetae wants a kiss toooooo,” he whines as he tugs at his parents’ legs, pouting with a milk moustache and chocolate sauce and cream over his cheeks. he's a messy eater, but also very irresistible and adorable.

daddy picks him up in one swoop, his very very super duper strong and his role model and good-at-everything daddy.

"easy there, cutie." he breathes, as he pretends taehyung is flying in the air and they both laugh in glee as taehyung gets raspberries and kisses, and jimin just stares fondly at their home’s double trouble pairing, before taehyung gets offered to him, raised in the air like that iconic lion king scene- for goodbye kisses before they set out for work and school.

(both his husband and son are memes, after all.)

Brunch

taehyung has an extra day at school today, a field trip to the zoo, and in times like this, his parents relish in a child-free day out; reminiscent of when they first started dating, first had taehyung.

it wasn't them who had chosen taehyung, but rather, taehyung who had chosen them. jimin recalls in the warmth of his heart, the way they had gone to the adoption agency, as nervous as newlyweds, to take a look at the kids there. they were both extremely nervous and excited, hands grasped tightly for mutual support, still interlaced like now- but now it was a form of protection, security; unlike anxiousness and exhilaration all at once then.