Dreaming of Osaka's Sun

It’s the 10th, when Jimin receives the first package. He doesn’t find it particularly unusual; it’s often that Jungkook comes to his room with something wrapped and pretty, red in his cheeks as he mutters out an I got you a thing, hyung.

It’s a box this time, and it’s slightly weighty, making the elder narrow his eyes because god Jeon Jungkook what have you done this time. Jungkook only rolls his eyes impatiently, blush still in his cheeks as he pushes for his boyfriend to open it.

Jimin does so, with careful fingers, rolling the ribbon between his thumbs as he pulls the lid off the box. He frowns,

“What’s all this Jungkookie?”

The younger comes forward, sitting next to him on the bed, watching as Jimin traces over the hardback books with delicate fingertips. He takes out the first book, Eyewitness travel guide to Japan, reads the cover, and furrows his eyebrows.

“I thought-” Jungkook starts before Jimin can, “-you said you’ve always wanted to learn about other countries. And so I thought, maybe, you know…” He trails off, obviously embarrassed, but Jimin’s eyes are crinkled in the corners, tongue poking through plump lips in obvious attempt to bite back a fond laugh. God, his boyfriend is so cute.

“Thank you, Jungkookie.” He says, reaching out for the younger. Jungkook falls easily against his chest, cheeks still full of red, “But you really need to stop buying me things.” The taller boy giggles, small and childlike, against his shirt, pretty eyes flicking up to catch the intense gaze of his boyfriend,

“You can’t stop me, hyung.”

---

On the 11th, Jungkook takes him out for a spontaneous walk in the fresh evening air. Jimin protests sharply of course, there’s no way he’s not spending every ounce of his free time in the practise room during comeback period- but his boyfriend has an awful method of getting exactly what he wants (even if that means physically picking Jimin up and dragging him out of the huge double doors.)

Which is how Jimin finds himself in a quiet park, less than half an hour later, arm brushing against Jungkook’s, because it’s a little risky to entwine their fingers at this stage.

“Have you eaten today, hyung?” Jungkook asks casually, head tilted towards the sky to catch the breeze. Jimin smiles at him fondly before replying, because he’s beautiful like this; jawline sharp and eyelids fluttered closed, to enjoy the moment.

“A little,” He admits, causing the younger’s eyes to snap open and stare down at his boyfriend,

“Coffee doesn’t count as a meal, Jimin, I’ve told you this before.”

“What about two coffees?” Jimin attempts weakly, so he isn’t surprised when Jungkook begins to drag him towards the exit of the park, and down a busy line of eateries.

 Jungkook leads his boyfriend into a brightly coloured restaurant and finds them a tiny table in the corner, hidden, private, intimate.

“Where are we Kook?” Jimin asks, brushing a gentle hand over the younger’s arm. It’s not really a place where they can practise explicit affection, but soft, skin against skin contact is enough.

Jungkook nods towards the menu in the middle of the table, and Jimin picks it up, eyes scanning over the different types of Japanese food printed on it,

“Japanese?” Jimin asks, eyes twinkling as he watches Jungkook carefully. The younger seems to have developed a pink in his cheeks, much like the one that had appeared after gifting Jimin yesterday, and Jimin sighs fondly, shaking his head, “How did you know I was craving Japanese?”