Chapter 7 | All Just a Dream

*Jungkook's P.O.V*

I hear her before I see her.

"Jungko--" I hear her shout, her beautiful clear voice. But it's cut off. What happened to her?

I should  help her...

But what if she's just... faking it?

But then I remember the dream, the dream that filled my heart full of pain. 

It was her then..in that dream.

But she left me that time.

And then? What happened next?

I don't remember....I mean..I don't know.

But if I left her to her fate, pretended it never happened?

I would regret it, wouldn't I?

I would.

So I make my way over to the bathroom. The girl's bathroom. The door is slightly ajar, but I still hesitate to step in. Because...if she's just trying to make a fool of me?

Then damn it all. My life can't get any worse than this.

But then.. I see her.

Through the crack in the door, her figure, sprawled on the ground, a single splatter of mascara standing out against her perfect white, still, calm face.

But even as her face is calm, it looks sad too, and something else...

It looks pained, like her heart is hurting...

From what?

And...what happened to her?

And then, suddenly, I forget all my shyness. I need to help y/n. She needs to get to the nurse's office. 

I walk into the girls bathroom, the floor slippery with mascara. I gingerly put my hand on her chest to feel for a pulse, and for a moment, my heart stops as I don't feel anything. Then...

There.

The steady beat of her heart... 

but now it doesn't feel so steady anymore.

Her heart flutters for a moment, falters, then start beating slower...

Maybe it's just my imagination.

But...something doesn't feel right.

I gently wipe the dark splatter of mascara off her pale face with my thumb. It leaves a black smudge on her cheek, and I could swear she stirred in her...sleep. Then I gently pick up her still form, bridal style, and begin the long, empty, silent walk through the corridors up the nurses office. She's so light, and delicate...

Its a funny thing, I never noticed how delicate she really was.

I know I'll have to explain to the nurse what happened. Whatever really happened, I know she wouldn't want everybody to know. I'll think of something, but she'll have to explain ...

If she ever gets better.... I'll just have to hope.

I'll keep watch over you, Y/N. I will. 

I promise, Y/N, that I'll keep you safe from now on....

*Y/N's P.O.V*

"J-Jungkook?" I say, blearily looking around me. It still feels like I'm in a dream...My head aches like crazy, and my chest....nothing I need to tell anyone about.