Chapter 10 | Why Not?

Time passes slowly. The clock ticks relentlessly from the hall, keeping me awake.

Outside, the night grows darker, stars speckling the dark sky. The moon makes its way between the clouds, and comes into view, a ray of light creeping through the curtains to rest on Jungkook's sleeping figure.

He's asleep.

I watch him for a little while, sleeping. He moans in his sleep, arching his body like....

Yes.

I grin evilly, and reach for my phone. Perfect. I snatch my phone up without a second thought, then open up the camera and start filming.

"Wet dream?" I chuckle softly , watching him. "Now this can be made an example of...

I film him until he stops moaning and mumbling curses, getting tangled in the sheets and hugging the pillows. Even as I lean forward I can see the sheen of sweat on his forehead.

And even as I'm watching him, I can't help wondering who he's with.....

But of course...It's only a dream he's having, after all....

Only a dream..

Finally, slowly he stops moving and lies there, his brow furrowed, his eyes still closed. And then, I hear him say something.

"Y/N.. we can't do this anymore.."

He rolls over, and jolts awake suddenly. His eyes find my smirking face.

"Y/N..."

He says this so softly, without stuttering, but there is so much fear and sadness in his voice that it throws me off. But also.. there is something else in the way he speaks...something other than this...

And for a second, he reminds me of something, of a younger me, a younger me, stranded, alone,

lost...

in those days when I had no mask, to protect me from the outside world...

Those days, my memories there, are full of darkness.

I just can't bring myself to dig those memories back up again...

"So, you fell asleep, huh?" I say, ignoring his first remark.

"U-uhh..." He says, blinking, his cheeks bright red.

"And by the sound of it," I continue, still smiling smugly at him. "It was a...naughty dream..."

I shake my head at him.

He blushes even harder, if that is possible. "I- I- umm... N-no.."

"You always stutter more when you're lying.." I say, raising my eyebrows at him, and this time, I know I've hit the mark.

"T-Thats not true!" He bursts out, sitting up on the bed. He really is cute when he's embarrassed.

"So, who were you with when you did it?" I say, trying to sound casual when really, my heart is suddenly banging against my ribs.

And this time, instead of refusing to tell me, or saying anything at all, he just looks at the floor.

My heart is now trying to escape from my body, it's beating so hard. But why should I care who he dreamt about? Whats wrong with me?

I am so immersed in my thoughts I almost don't notice his mumbled answer to my question.

"...You."