Chapter 13 | What Can You Do?

"So, we're dead." I comment sarcastically. "Or are we just ghosts? How about we try flying? You can fly off a cliff for me."

"B-but... it's such a coincidence... they are even buried next to each other..." He says, with that cute stutter that always tells me he is unsure of something.

"Maybe they were lovers..." The words slip out of my mouth without my intention. "A sad love story, then." Well, now I'll get to see how he reacts to that.

Jungkook is silent, still kneeling in the sparse grass surrounding the two gravestones.

 But after a few seconds I do get a reaction, just... not the one I expected. He turns slowly, to look straight into my eyes, and a shiver runs down my spine at the intensity of his deep brown eyes.

"That won't happen anytime soon, though, will it?" He says quietly, his stutter gone in that moment, clarity creeping into his voice.

Not with things the way they are...

And it's better this way.

"Unless...I turn out to be wrong. Maybe...maybe things will change." His voice penetrates my thoughts, and now I have to break his gaze. His words are only giving me more to think about.

I already have enough on my mind.

Ok.

Time to change the subject. So. Where were we?

As the scent of sausages fills the air I suddenly realize that I had completely forgotten why I came here in the first place.

And I am starving.

I can't control my desire for food, any food, and lots of it. I grab Jungkook by the hand and begin running towards the hot dog stands. 

"Time to get some food!" I shout over my shoulder to the black haired man loping along behind me.

And I could have sworn I heard him chuckle.

"Two hot dogs" I say breathlessly to the man in charge of the stand. I watch him as he prepares the food, and I realise he's actually quite handsome. His mint hair is ruffled and he has an I-don't-give-a-shit kind of expression on his smooth face.

"Three dollars." He says lazily, holding one hand out for the money and the other with the hot dogs. 

Excuse me?

Did I hear that right?

I came here because the food was supposed to be free.

And this is what I get?

Ok, fine. Let's do it this way.

I respond without missing a beat. All this passed through my head lightning fast, after all. I slide my arm to intertwine with Jungkook's, and look up at him sweetly. "Jungkookie will buy it for me, won't he?"

"I-I-" He begins stuttering, startled at my suddenness. "I...I didn't bring any money.."

My lips open slightly in shock.

"But I'm hungry!!" I pout, clinging onto Jungkook's arm. But as I glance at the green haired man, I try a different tactic. Most men I try this on fall over their feet trying to help me.

"Couldn't you just give it to us for free? Pretty please? I am just soo starving...." I rest my head on my hand, leaning on the counter to give him a better view of all of me.

Most men, after just one word from me, begin to waver. But after only the first stage of my plan, I'm disappointed. It doesn't work. He crosses his arms, leans back in his chair and gives me the most bored looking poker face in the whole history of the world.

BTS Jungkook FF | Rememberedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें