5 | Wedding Day

"Do you, William Arthur Weasley, take Fleur Isabelle Delacour to be your wife?" the official asked, and Joey smiled, glancing over at where Hermione and Nicolette were crying softly next to her.

"Shut up," Nicolette whispered, wiping at her eyes and elbowing me in the ribs. "there's some fuzz from all the dandelions in my eye."

Joey rolled her eyes with a smirk, knowing full well that her and Rowan had made sure that all the dandelions were out of the yard before the wedding.

"I do," Bill said with a smile, his eyes never once leaving Fleur's.

"And do you, Fleur Isabelle Delacour, take William Arthur Weasley to be your husband?" the official asked then.

"I do," Fleur replied, her smile equally as wide as Bill's.

"Oi!" George whispered from Joey's other side, and she turned to see him leaning closer to where Hagrid sat on the end with great big tears rolling down his cheeks. "Hagrid, pull it together, mate!"

"Then by the power vested in me, I now pronounce you man and wife." the official said. "William, you may kiss the bride."

Bill wasted no time in stepping forward and taking Fleur in his arms, pressing his lips to hers. As soon as he did, the official pulled out his wand, waving it above them to reveal stars shooting out of the tip of his wand, which rained down upon Bill and Fleur. 

As soon as the stars fell, Fred and George started clapping as well as jumping to their feet and hollering. The rest of the guests followed suit, and as soon as everyone was standing up, Arthur waved his wand. Every chair slowly drifted out of the room, and the tables the group had set up in the days before floated in and settled in their spots along the far end of the tent.

The walls came down then, revealing the countryside surrounding the Burrow, which, at that moment was lit by the setting sun. Waiters came in one by one then, bringing food that was then set down at each table. 

"On behalf of Molly and myself, thank you everyone for coming!" Arthur exclaimed. "If you would now take your seats at the tables, we would love to get dinner started while the band gets ready to perform."

Joey followed Nicolette over to the table that was set aside for the two girls, Harry, Hermione, Rowan, Lysandra and their other siblings Sebastian, Magnus, and Tommy. The Weasley siblings had their own table, and Elisabeth and Penelope were off with some of the younger kids.

"That was lovely," Hermione said as soon as the kids were all seated, picking up her fork and digging into the chicken that sat on her plate.

"Still not sure how Bill managed to even get a date with Fleur." Tommy said with a laugh, and Nicole elbowed him, rolling her eyes.

"Just because she turned you down for the Yule Ball doesn't mean Bill wasn't up to her standards." she reminded her brother with a laugh.

"I'm hurt, sis," Tommy retorted, feigning shock and putting a hand over his heart. "that really cuts deep."

"But it was funny to watch her turn you down." Magnus added with a laugh.

"Let's attack poor old Tommy boy over here, shall we?" Tommy said then, shaking his head with a grin and digging into his own dinner.

"Why and who are we attacking?" a new voice came into the mix, and Joey looked over her shoulder to see Fred standing near the table. "I overheard you all on my way back from using the loo, and couldn't resist."

"We're just reminding Tommy of when Fleur turned him down for the Yule Ball." Nicole said innocently. "Think she remembers that?"

"I doubt it." Fred said, shaking his head. "She didn't even remember Ron asking her, and he yelled in her bloody face."