26 | Valentine

"Happy Valentine's Day!" Nicolette exclaimed, smiling as baby Cupids flew around the Room of Requirement.

"How did you even get the room to do that?" Joey asked, gesturing up toward the flying diapered babies, all equipped with tiny bows and arrows as they shot them in the direction of various DA members, though the arrows appeared to hit an invisible barrier and would vanish before hitting anyone.

"I'm not exactly sure." she admitted with a shrug. "I was just outside, telling Monty I needed the ROR to be festive for Valentine's Day. Next thing I know, I walk in and there's babies flying everywhere. I'm sure they'll be gone by tomorrow."

"Speaking of Valentine's Day..." Joey lowered her voice. "You still haven't said anything about what happened with Neville."

"Because nothing's happened." she said. "Yet." she added with a wink.

"Meaning?" Joey asked, raising her eyebrows.

"Meaning..." Nicolette trailed off, pointing toward Ariana's painting where couples were heading out to sneak to Hogsmeade for the day. "we're going out today and seeing how things go. You were right, Joey. No Amortentia needed. Speaking of which," she added, seeing Neville turn in their direction and wave, his eyes never quite leaving his date. "that's my cue. I'll see you later."

With another wink, Nicolette bid Joey goodbye before hurrying off to where Neville waited. He greeted her with a hug and the pair wandered over toward the painting, soon disappearing into the darkness of the passage.

"Joey," another voice came into the mix, catching her attention, and the girl turned to see Monty walking towards her with his eyes wide. "when did that happen?"

"When did what happen?" Joey asked. "Nic and Neville? When she went to talk to him the other day, you were there, remember?"

"No, not them!" he exclaimed, pointing towards the opposite side of the room. "Them!"

In the opposite corner of the room sat Arden and Tommy, chatting animatedly with bright smiles on their faces as Tommy had his arm around Arden's shoulders. Soon after, Tommy leaned forward, brushing a stray piece of hair out of Arden's face and kissing her cheek.

"When did that happen?" Joey repeated, her jaw nearly hitting the floor.

"That's what I'm asking you!" Monty exclaimed.

"Hold on," she said, stepping away from Montague and wandering over towards where the pair sat.

"Hey Joey," Arden said. "everything okay?"

"Yeah," Joey said, looking back and forth between the two of them suspiciously, being met with Arden's blush and Tommy's cocky grin. "just uh... when did..?"

"A few days ago." Arden explained, glancing over towards Tommy with a smile. "Since neither of us really leave the room anymore after... everything with the Carrows, we just started talking more, and one thing led to another..."

"I told you I had my eye on someone, Moody." Tommy said, reminding the girl of his words from weeks ago.

"I didn't know it was my bloody cousin, Black," she said, laughing incredulously.

"Oi, let's not forget who began dating my cousin first." he pointed out, the grin never once leaving.

"Alright, I'll give you that." Joey admitted. "I'll see you two later."

"Bye Joey," they chorused as she turned to head back towards Montague, only to see the much taller figure standing next to him with a cheesy smile plastered across his face as he waited for the girl to notice him.