8 | The Hogwarts Express

"...and it could be argued that, until his death, Albus Dumbledore was secretly conspiring with notorious Dark wizard Gellert Grindelwald." 

"What a load of rubbish," Joey muttered, shutting the book and setting it in her lap before looking up at where Nicolette, Rowan, and Tommy were playing a game of Exploding Snap on the floor at King's Cross, waiting for the right time to board the Hogwarts Express.

"You don't actually have to read that bloody book," Nicole reminded her. "after all, it's not like you bought it thinking it was going to be worth your while."

"Guess I just wanted to know the things she'd publish about him now that he's-" she said, getting cut off by a yell of both her name and Nicolette's, accompanied by the pounding of footsteps towards where the group sat, and the girls looked up to see none other than Montague Parks bounding towards them.

"He's here!" Joey exclaimed, tossing the book over to Rowan and catching him off guard, fumbling to juggle the book in an attempt not to drop it. Joey quickly ran towards Monty and he enveloped her in a tight hug.

"Joey, how are you?" he asked, pulling away to inspect her over to make sure she looked unharmed. "Nic told me about your father, I'm so so sorry to hear that."

"I'm alright," she assured him. "thank you. How are things in the States?"

"Not nearly as dark as they are here." he said.

"Look who decided to show up," Nicole said, hugging the boy. "Montague A. Parks, at our service."

"You guys should get going," George called to the kids over the sound of the train's engine. 

Joey nodded, looking back at the group. Lissy had already found her friends, and so had Magnus, both of them eager to find spots on the train right away. Tommy was off looking for his friends, and Rowan was waiting for Arden, so he was still with the others. 

"We'll go find spots now." she told George.

"Well, come here first," he said, holding out his arms. "I know you're not going to leave without saying goodbye to your best friend first."

"Well, it's not a goodbye," she reminded him, hugging him tightly. "it's a see you later."

"See you later," he said as she quickly went over and bid Bill goodbye, and then watched as the two brothers Disapparated back to the Burrow.

"Come on," Monty said, "let's grab seats in the back before the Slytherins take all of them."

"Neville's already on the train," Nicole announced proudly. "Ginny went early to meet him. he went to secure the area for Gryffindors. And friends," she added with a smile towards Rowan and Monty. "but c'mon, let's go."

"You guys go ahead," Rowan said. "I'm going to wait out here for Arden and we'll meet you guys there."

 The others nodded and followed Nicolette onto the train, into the furthermost car where Neville and Ginny sat at a table with Luna Lovegood also accompanying them. She met the newcomers with a big smile, quickly standing up and bounding over to give each of them a hug.

"So lovely to see all of you again after the wedding!" Luna exclaimed in her usual dreamy tone. "Sorry you had to miss it, Montague, it really was lovely."

"Lovely to see you too, Luna," he told his fellow Ravenclaw with a smile.

"Five minutes!" the conductor's voice came from outside. "Train's leaving in five minutes!"

At that moment, more Gryffindors began to pour into the back compartment. Tommy finally emerged with none other than Joey's cousin, fellow Gryffindor Seamus Finnigan at his side, the boy's eyes widening as he caught sight of Joey.