7 | Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes

"Read this," Ginny said, handing Joey a letter.

"What is it?" Rowan asked Ginny as Joey took the piece of parchment gingerly into her hands.

"It's the reason I've called the three of you down here this morning." Ginny said, crossing her arms over her chest. "I've just got word from Hermione."

"Well Joey, hurry up and read it already so the rest of us can have a chance," Rowan said.

Ginny,

Can't risk letting you all know where we are, but I want to assure you all that we're safe (especially your mum. We all know how worried she can get). The reason I'm writing this letter is to let you know that, while we won't be returning to Hogwarts this year, we'll still need your help now more than ever.

Gather the others. Joey, Nicolette, Rowan, Neville, Luna, and the rest. Restart the D.A. We don't know what will come of this next year, but whatever's on the way, you need to be prepared. With Snape as headmaster this year, Hogwarts will change, there's no doubt about that. I trust that you and the others will learn to the best of your abilities, and that when the time comes, you'll be ready.

All the best,

Hermione 

P.S.- Destroy this 

"She's right," Joey said as she finished reading the letter, Rowan yanking it from her grasp before she could so much as hand it to him. "whatever's coming our way, we have to be prepared for it."

"C'mon, hand it over, my turn," Nicole said, pulling it out of Rowan's hands as soon as he looked up from scanning the parchment.

"We can still use the Room of Requirement," Ginny said. "Since Umbridge no longer teaches, it's back to being a secret place. Dumbledore himself barely had knowledge of it, so I doubt the other professors know it even exists."

"We'll fight," Nicole agreed. "we all know it'll inevitably come down to that. So we'll be ready."

"Are you four ready?" Molly asked, coming down the staircase. "It's time to head to Diagon Alley,"

"Yes, Mrs. Weasley," the kids chorused as Ginny spun around, her back to the fireplace as she swiftly tossed the letter from Hermione into the flaming coals behind her. The others could only watch as the note caught fire, the flames licking at its edges until almost nothing remained.

"We're taking the Floo Network," Molly announced as the rest of the kids reached the landing, grabbing the jar off the mantle near where Ginny stood and flourishing her wand so that the flames in the fireplace died out, just in time as the letter had finally turned to ash. "and we'll head to Fred and George's. We'll quickly do your school shopping and then finish back at the joke shop. Is that clear?"

"Yes," they all chorused.

"Very well," she said, looking over at where Lupin stood leaning against the wall. "Remus, you first."

Lupin nodded, crossing the room over towards Mrs. Weasley and taking a handful of floo powder from where she reached the jar towards him. He stepped into the now-empty fireplace and held the powder out before him in his enclosed fist.

"Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes!" Lupin bellowed, throwing the powder at his feet and becoming encased in green flames until he disappeared.

"Very well, who's next?" Molly asked, and Joey stepped forward.

"I'll go, Molly," she said, taking a handful of powder in her fist, and following suit as Lupin had done.

"Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes!" Joey exclaimed, throwing the powder down and encasing herself in the green flames until she was spinning, no longer standing in the fireplace of the Burrow.