1/3

JASPER MARROW STEERED her bike with one hand, the other cautiously holding a box of pizza in her lap. Heat pounded from the cardboard box sitting on her thighs, shielding her legs from the bristling cold the November air brought. Tonight was campaign night for her best friends, meaning she would have to listen to four boys bicker for hours about how to kill the Demogorgon or any other mystical creatures their wide, creative minds could dream of.

She giggled to herself, wondering what adventures the boys had already embarked on in their little game. As much as Jasper hated to admit it, she enjoyed campaign nights. Although, all she did was bring the pizza and eat most of it whilst watching the boys intently.

The sun had begun to slink into the evening sky of Hawkins, Indiana. Jasper's hair seemed to glow like fire in the sparse rays of sunlight left. The wind whipped against her face, blowing back her long locks of hair like waves.

Her bike rounded the corner, finally reaching the large house that belonged to the Wheelers. She clambered over her bike, gently placing it on the ground of Mike's garage.

"Boys! I brought food!" Jasper announced with a smirk on her lips as she dashed down the basement stairs.

Four excited boys rushed up to meet her, greeting her before eagerly taking a slice from the box. "Thank you, Jas!" Dustin Henderson squealed, wrapping his arms around her torso in a side hug.

"I bring pizza every campaign, you twat," she chuckles, but pats his arms affectionately. After all, the curly-haired boy had grown to become her best friend, the closest to her out of the party. "And thank me if I'm alive by tomorrow. Ruby will kill me if she knows I stole money from her again."

Jasper set down the box of pizza, pulling up a chair and sitting next to Dustin. She said nothing, chewing meticulously on the cheesy slice of pizza. The boys ate and continued on with their lengthy campaign.

Things became intense fairly quickly, all five kids leaning in anxiously and listening to Mike as he narrated the campaign.

"Something is coming. Something hungry for blood," the raven-haired boy speaks anxiously. He looks on between the others as he continues. "A shadow grows on the wall behind you, swallowing you in darkness."

Next to Jasper, Dustin wipes his nose in anticipation. He even begins to unknowingly cling onto the jacket sleeves of the red-haired girl, starting to get into the campaign more.

"It is coming," Mike announces eerily.

"What is it?" Will Byers interrupts eagerly, leaning forward.

"It's gotta be the Demogorgon," Jasper suggests in a creepy tone, mocking Mike and casting a smirk at Dustin.

"Oh Jesus, we're so screwed if it's the Demogorgon," Dustin leaned back in his chair, placing his face into his hand.

"You sound like a stressed out parent," Jasper teased, prodding the boy's shoulder.

"It's not the Demogorgon," Lucas Sinclair butted in, sounding full of disbelief.

Mike gives the boys a playful sneer before slamming a figurine down on the center of the table. "An army of Troglodytes charge into the chamber!"