2/3

THE FIVE HURRIEDLY raced down a set of stairs, running in the dark and empty hallways.

"How did they find us?" Lucas demanded in a
hushed voice, leading the group forward.

"I don't know, but they knew we were in the gym," Mike answered, glancing back over his shoulder.

Jasper couldn't help but fearfully look back herself. She expected an evil glare of flashlights and the thundering of feet to be following every time she did.

Her powers were certainly something to desire, especially if you were a crazy organization filled with human weapons. She could only imagine what would happen if they got their eager hands on her and her abilities.

"Lando," Dustin remarked, his voice trembling.

"El and I just finished finding Will in the Upside Down and now we have to run from the bad men?" Jasper scoffed, anger coating every syllable she spoke. "I mean, the disrespect!"

The two double doors, which had previously been the group's escape plan, suddenly burst open. "Got 'em!" A man's bellowing voice screamed. A huge flash of white blinded them as they spun around and began fleeing back towards the stairs.

El took the lead, dashing back through the door, only to find another patrol of agents. Everyone began screaming at everyone as they frantically tried to run down another corridor. Dismay filled their hearts as a group lead by a short-haired blonde women began marching towards them. They were completely cornered.

"Fuck!" Jasper screeched, automatically turning to face her friends. She pulled them all for a tight hug, using the energy from her adrenaline rush and the pudding to freeze time. "Go go go!" She ordered, shoving her friend forward.

The group continued yelling profanities at one another as they pushed past the frozen agents. After rounding another corner, Jasper began to lose the feeling of her feet pounding against the tiled floor.

The desperate cries of her friends began to fade away from her senses like water flowing down a drain. All she could hear was the huffs of her own breath, and the pattering of her feet. Blood began rushing down Jasper's eyes, pouring faster than she could catch the red droplets.

"Guys!" Jasper tried to scream, but it only came out as a muffled whisper. She wiped her eyes before looking down at her palms. The redhead was horrified to discover her hands were completely soaked in deep scarlet blood. "Holy fuck..."

"Jasper!" Dustin cried, whirling around sharply, his feet skidding on the floor. His arms caught her before she could fall, grunting with effort as he heaved her into his arms. "Oh my God, oh my God," he whimpered, tears burning in his eyes fiercely. The sight of the girl's face covered in blood and twisted in pain was too much to bear.

"I couldn't hold on," Jasper gulped weakly. "I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize, Jas," Dustin whispered, not even able to recognize his own voice under all the agony it expressed. "It's okay. We'll be okay."

El stepped forward, standing next to Dustin. Her eyes landed on the redhead, who was slipping away to unconsciousness. "Jas," she murmured, giving her friend a comforting smile.

Everyone watched as El turned gradually to face the approaching group of agents. The blonde woman clutched the gun tightly in her hand, aiming it at the kids. Concentration was painted on El's face as she stared them down with hostility.