1/2

this Dustin chapter is gonna be told a little differently from the episode because it's a fanfic and im not about to rewrite the same exact dialogue and story so if that's what you wanted oops? but i think you guys will like it so enjoy :)

ALSO THANK YOU FOR 50K READS!💜

THERE WERE A MULTITUDE OF ACTIVITIES Dustin always enjoyed doing on his lazy Saturday afternoons. Witnessing his new pet—which actually turned out to be a baby Demogorgon—wolf down on his cat's frail body was not one of them. Nor was having to do control damage for said cat digestion.

"Uh, yeah, okay. Thank you so much. You're a lifesaver, Mr. McCorkle. Yeah, this is great," Dustin continued sputtering a random assortment of words into his phone, ignoring the voiceover lady that wasn't Mr. McCorkle at all.

"Great news," Dustin wheeled around to face his mind, plastering an incredibly fake smile onto his lips.

Out of all the times in his life he's relied on his acting skills from Drama Club, this one felt like the most important. Because the last thing he needed right now was for his poor mother to know that Mews, their "missing" cat, was actually dead and half eaten on the floor in his bedroom.

"They found her?" She questioned, hope laced in her voice.

"No, but they did see her passing by on Loch Nora," Dustin lied, thinking of the farther neighborhood possible. In order for his plan to work, he needed his mother to be away on a little adventure of her own.

"Loch Nora? Oh my goodness, how did she get all the way out there?" His mother cried, worry tingling in her chest as she fussed over her Mews. "The poor baby must be scared half to death!"

"Oh yeah," Dustin agreed instantly, grabbing his mother's upper arms to stop her swaying. "They've got a lot of stray dogs at that place. Which is why you should go now and look for her, yeah?"

"Oh yeah, of course," she pulled away from her son, rushing over to her purse and keys. "You're absolutely right."

"I know I am," Dustin replied confidently, watching his mother snake around the house and grab the necessities: Mews's food bowl, her favorite toy, and her leash. "You just go out there and look for her. I'll, uh, I'll stay here in case anyone else calls. Got it?"

"Yeah I got it," she replied shakily, and Dustin felt guilt and pity swell in his chest for his suffering mom.

"Come here, give me a hug," he gestured to himself with open arms, and the woman immediately snatched her son into an air choking hug. "Okay okay, that's enough!" He wheezed, feeling as though if she pulled any tighter his eyeballs would've popped out of their sockets. "We're gonna find her, okay?"

"Okay," his mother smiled anxiously, nervous laughter falling from her lips. "I love you!"

"I love you," Dustin cooed, dramatically blowing his mother a kiss. He waited impatiently until his mother's figure had fully disappeared from the doorway, and instantly the jovial smile was clear off his face. "Shit," he cursed under his breath. "Better whip up this guy a Scooby snack."

Dustin wasn't always the most advanced when it came to formulating plans that worked. Before everything had happened, it was always Jasper that used her brains to solve the puzzles and find ways to sneak herself and Dustin into movies or just into Jasper's house for a sleepover. The redhead was the master at being sneaky, Dustin couldn't even compare.