Chapter 1

Nightmare let out a small yawn. He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and followed his overly excited brother to their morning class.

"Why are you so excited? We're just going to class, not a long time friend's birthday party." Nightmare asked, somewhat bored with his twin's excitement.

"Yeah but it's a new year. Our first year of college with our friends! Aren't you a little excited Nightmare?" Dream asked, practically bouncing up and down.

Nightmare thought for a moment before shrugging. He was excited but not nearly as excited as Dream.

"A bit. Even if you are excited you shouldn't be bouncing like a little kid."  Nightmare commented which received a frown from Dream.

"I'm not bouncing around like a little kid!" Dream pouted slightly and sent his best glare at his twin but it failed horribly.

"Sure you aren't..." Nightmare rolled his eyes, smirking a bit at Dream. With those words Dream began to go on a rant about how he wasn't acting like a little kid, why he should be more excited, and a few other things that Nightmare didn't care about.

"Did you hear what happened?"

"Of course! It was all over the news this morning!"

Nightmare had unintentionally tuned Dream out and was now listening in on two girls' conversation. He didn't mean to, but it had happened.

"I swear that group of criminals better be caught soon! Before they get anywhere near Ebott!"

"I'm sure that they will! I mean, the police don't have too many places to check now."

"But they've been avoiding capture for nearly three years! I don't think that anyone will be able to catch them! I mean did you even see what only one of the members of the group did?"

"Yeah... All of them died because of being strangled. Only one survived and he's tramatized about it."

"Are you even listening to me?" Nightmare snapped back to what Dream was saying.

Nightmare shook his head receiving a sigh from Dream. "You should really pay more attention when people are talking to you!" Dream scolded Nightmare.

"Save it for later Dream. We're already in class." Nightmare pointed out.

The twins had stopped in front of their classroom without realizing it. Several students were walking into the classroom.

"Fine! But I do expect you to be paying attention next time!" Dream's pout quickly turned into a smile as he excitedly walked in.

Nightmare rolled his eye lights smiling a bit and followed Dream into the classroom.