Chapter 5

It was noon, and Nightmare was sitting in the city's park by himself. He was sitting on the bench, a book in hand, and his phone in the other. He had his head phones on as he was watching the news.

' There's nothing really interested going on. I mean, apart from those mysterious criminals and what had happened a few days ago.' Nightmare sighed and leaned his head back, sliding off the head phones and looking up at the light blue sky.

"Mind if I sit here?" Nightmare looked to the side and saw a skeleton, around the same height as Lust, with a crimson red scarf, a white jacket with a white shirt, and black jeans with red and white sneakers. He had only one eye visible, glitches covered his other eye completely.

"Sure." Nightmare had a small smile upon seeing the friendly face, he moved his book, turned off his phone and scooted a bit to the side allowing his friend to sit down with him.

"How's college been for you Geno?" Nightmare asked as Geno sat down beside him. "Eh. Lots of work, but at the same time, fun." Nightmare had an amused smile on his face, "Of course you're having fun." He said smiling at his friend.

"What do you mean by that?" Geno asked, slightly confused and slightly wishing that he hadn't said that. "You did enjoy school. As for me, I only enjoyed seeing so many kids suffer and dread the days they came to school." Nightmare said joyfully, smiling brightly at Geno, who had scooted away from his friend.

Suddenly the atmosphere around the two grew dark, "Did you hear about that group of criminals...?" Geno asked quietly so only Nightmare would hear. "Yeah... What are you thinking...?" Nightmare asked, curious about where this conversation would be going.

"Error... The group officially began a group a few months after Error's death. I was thinking that maybe... They killed him...? Before they became a group or rather announced it." Geno asked as he rested his head in his hands, looking downwards.

Nightmare had a somewhat shocked expression. He didn't expect Geno to have thought of that. "I'm not even going to try to comfort you, if you want that go and ask Dream, Ink or Blue." Nightmare said, coldly to Geno.

"It's a possibility, but we don't know. If you're that lucky or unlucky then ask them yourself. You'll get your answer then." Nightmare continued, looking away from his friend.

"Heh. That's true... You should really learn how to comfort people Nightmare." Geno suggested, to his friend lifting his skull up from his hands. "Hmmm... If it means being like Dream then no." Nightmare shrugged dismissing the idea.

Geno laughed at Nightmare's response and said, "I had a feeling that you'd say that." Nightmare gave a small lighthearted smile to Geno before standing up.

"I've got to be going. Dream is trying to play match maker and set me up on a blind date." Nightmare sighed, "Why can't he see that I'm happy being single and that he should focus on himself for once?" Nightmare asked while sighing again, receiving an amused look from Geno.

"Knowing Dream he's going to be hiding in the bushes watching your date go on and see how well you two get along." Geno said jokingly.

Nightmare groaned at the thought and said, "Wish me luck." Geno gave Nightmare a thumbs up and said, "Hope that you survive the experience."

"Thanks..." With that Nightmare walked away while reading his book.

Two things one, thanks for the over
2 hundred views.

It means a lot. And second, I am sorry if you find this chapter short or uninteresting. This was just a small filter chapter to bring in Geno.