Chapter 4

The forest the surrounds Mt. Ebott, at the edge of that forest stood three figures, Cross, Reaper and Error.

"I don't think that there's going to be anything out here." Error said, crossing his arms, a somewhat skeptical expression on his face.

"Well, there was basically nothing that would make a good place, so this is our last option unless you want to be living in the car." Reaper pointed out to his teammate, receiving a sigh from him.

"C'mon. Let's get going so at least we don't have to sleep in the car later." Cross said, motioning for them to begin walking into the forest.

During their trek, Reaper was floating for a part of it to not cause any plant life to start to wilt. A few animals had decided to approach them but, quickly ran off after getting a few steps close to them.

"That seems strange..." Cross muttered to himself as he stopped walking and stared at the ground. "What's strange?" Reaper asked.

"The ground over here seems to be darker and has large stones. It's probably a trail." Cross explained simply. "Probably?" Error raised a non-existent eyebrow at Cross, who shrugged and said, "Coincidence?"

"It's the best thing we got. Until you guys plan on staying here for the rest of the night." Reaper rolled his eyes, moving past Cross and following the barely visible path.

Cross and Error quickly followed Reaper, after a good few minutes of walking they came across an isolated cottage within a small clearing.

The path had disappeared and was replaced by large patch of flowers, by a large stream of water.

A small human woman in a dull blue dress sat in the field, a book in her lap. She seemed to be too preoccupied  with the book to notice the three strangers.

"Think we should talk to her?" Reaper asked, a dull expression on his face, as if he expected more. "No. I don't think that that's a good idea." Cross said, still thinking about his friend's suggestion.

"I'll kill her." Cross, Error, and Reaper looked at the side and saw Killer crouched, an evil smirk on his face.

"When did you get here?" Error asked, unfazed by his teammates' sudden appearance. "Just now. Before you ask, our search didn't go well. We couldn't find Fell's lover or anything about him. But we did catch two college students who were trying to run from us." Killer motioned to Horror who stood behind Killer with Dust, carrying two bodies, one over each shoulder.

Both of them were female monsters, they were breathing but we're knocked out. "I guess that's something done." Cross sighed, "I guess that you can kill the woman if you want."

Killer smiled at Cross before silently getting up and walking towards the unsuspecting woman without a sound. He pulled out a knife from his jacket pocket, and quickly closed in on the woman. He didn't give the woman a chance to react before stabbing her in the head.

The blade went all the way through, a silent scream came from the woman's mouth as her eyes widened from the pain. Small amounts of blood splattered onto the near by flowers and onto the pages of the book.

Killer pulled the knife out of the woman's head with ease, letting the lifeless body fall to the grass. Killer waved at the rest of the group, obviously satisfied with his kill as he licked some of the blood off of the murder weapon.

The rest of the group casually walked the Killer as he then used the rest of his jacket to clean the blade. "That was fun!" Killer said cheerfully to the others with a smile.

"C'mon. Let's go inside the house, it's going to be dawn soon and I want to at least try to sleep." Reaper said, already moving towards the house with a yawn. He was followed by the rest of the group moments later.

The cottage was a very nice, though all of the criminals could go without all of the books that littered the walls of the cottage. There was a basement were Horror had placed their newly kidnapped people.

This took forever to write. Right now it's 11:45 where I am so, Happy New Year's!!