The Champions Presence

I Dream The Same Dream Almost Every Night. Two Faceless People Run Out Of A Door As I Lay On The Ground Being Dragged Away Deep Into A Corridor. I Don't Feel Fear Or Anxiety, Just Anger And Resentment As The Light From Outside World Grows Dimmer And Dimmer.

What Sounds Like A Door Being Banged In My Dream Turns Out To Be The Door To My Room Being Banged As I Wake Up. A Voice That Isn't Cynthias' Calls My Name, My Stomach Drops At This Realization For Some Reason.

"Champion Kaiso, It's Jennifer Walters From Jubilife TV. We Were Instructed By Cynthia To Come Get You For Our Trip To Hearthome City. Your Escort Is Outside Waiting For You."

She Knocks On The Door Again And My Infernape Opens The Door Telling Her To Back Away.

"Yes Ms. Walters, I'll Be Out Shortly." I Get Out Of Bed And I Put On My White Championship Cape With Gold Outlines, I Put On Some Jeans, Take A Quick Chug Of My Apple Juice And Return All Of My Pokemon To Their Poke'balls.

I Open The Door And A Flurry Of Camera Flashes And Microphones In My Face. That Combined With The Cold Air Hitting My Face Doesn't Make For A Good Morning.

"Kaiso I Will Be Shadowing You Everywhere You Go, What You Say, What You Do, Even What You Eat Will All Be Recorded By Me" Jennifer Says As She Pulls Out Her Notebook.

I Put On My Best Smile And I Wave To The Cameras And Reporters. What Appears To Be A Limousine Pulls Up In Front Of Me, The Door Opens Up And Cynthia Is Already In The Back Seat, She Motions For Me To Sit Next To Her. I Get In The Car And The Door Is Closed.

"So First I Would Like To Congratulate You On Actually Waking Up On Time. The Fact That I Didn't Need To Have The SWAT Team Come Get You Is A Good Sign" Cynthia Says.

"Yeah But Now I Have A Damn Poodle Following Me Around Analyzing My Every Action" Cynthia Snickers And I Turn Around And See Jennifer Biting Down On Her Pen

"Oh By All Means Don't Mind Me, It's Not Like I'm So Thrilled To Be Around You All Day Either" Jennifer Says As She Fixes Her Red Hair. She Pours Herself A Drink Of What Looks Like Vodka And Downs It In One Go.

"Slow Down It's Not Going Anywhere. Matter Of Fact Just Keep The Whole Bottle, You Look Like Someone Who's Gonna Need It"I Say.

Cynthia Punches Me In My Arm And Jennifer Writes Something Down In Her Notebook.

"Look, The Only Reason I Agreed To Do This Is Because Cynthia Put Me In The Position I'm In Now. I'm Not Tied To You, Your Public Image Could Be Atrocious For All I Care. How You Battle Today Will Be The First Official Showing Of Your Skills. Honestly To Make My Job A Lot Easier Just Focus On Doing Your Job"

Cynthia Grabs The Bottle Of Vodka And Takes A Huge Swig Of It. She Hands Me The Bottle And I Chug Down A Lot Of It. The Rest Of The Car Ride We Sit In Silence. Only The Occasional Cough And Phone Notification Fill The Car With Any Noise.