The Aftermath

After Getting Back To Sinnoh With Cynthia She Was Handed Over To Sinnoh Authorities And Sent In For Questioning. She Was Convicted For Crimes Against The Sinnoh Region And Was Sentenced To Life In Prison. I Was At The Sentencing And She Looked At Me The Entire Time, All The Way Until She Was Escorted Out Of The Room. I Know I'm Responsible For This Entire Thing But I Still Feel Resentment Towards Her, For Betraying The Entire League, Her Legacy, And Most Importantly Me.

It's Been A Year Since That Has Happened. The Sinnoh League Has Been Shut Down Since That Point. I've Done A Couple Things In My Spare Time. I Sent Regigigas Back To Snowpoint City, A Legendary Pokémon Shouldn't Be Gone From Their Post For Too Long A Time, Don't Want To Cause Imbalances In The Sinnoh Cosmic Hierachy, Something Cynthia Had Taught Me. Professor Rowan Sent Over My First Partner Ramparados. He Seemed A Bit Sad But Angry At The Same Time, Sorta Supports My Cynthia Being His Favorite Theory.

Aroarah Has Been Shadowing Me For The past Three Months. She Managed To Defeat All Of The Sinnoh Gym Leaders In A Record Seven Months. Almost Three Times My Record, Which Was A Sinnoh League Record. Normally She Would've Fought The Elite Four But With The Sinnoh League Being Shut Down She Has Just Been Sleeping Outside My Door. I Hear Constant Knocking And Aroarah Calling My Name.

"Kaiso, They're Some Important Looking People Out Here Looking For You" Aroarah Says Knocking On The Door.

"God Dammnit Aroarah Hold On!" I Yell As I Get Out Of Bed

"God Dammnit Aroarah Hold On!" I Yell As I Get Out Of Bed. I Open The Door And Lance, Diantha, And Professor Rowan Are Waiting Outside For Me.

I Close My Eyes And Take A Deep Breath In And Out. I Look At Lance, Diantha And The Professor And I Shut The Door Right In Their Face.

"Hey Kaiso Open Up We Need To Talk To You" The Professor Says Banging On The Door. "We Need To Address This Elite Four Thing"

I Put A Pillow Over My Face And Let Out A Huge Groan. I Forgot With Cynthia Gone We Have A Vacant Elite Four Spot. Even If The League Was Open We Still Couldn't Operate Correctly With A Full Elite Four. I Get Out Of Bed And Put On My Clothes And Open The Door. Aroarah Runs In To My Room And Starts Playing With My Ramparados. I Close The Door Behind Me And Step Outside.

"Kaiso, You Need To Address This Vacant Elite Four Spot" Professor Rowan Says. "We Cannot Open Our League To Trainers Until That Spot Is Filled."

"That Sounds Like Something The Director Of The League Should Be Doing" I Say. " I Have Other Matters To Attend To."

"Kaiso, Professor Rowan Is Retiring." Diantha Says. "Cynthia Would Have Been Next In Line To Be The Professor, But As You Know She Is In Prison. As The Current Champion The Title Of Professor Of The Sinnoh Region And The Responsibility Of Filling The Void Of Finding A New Elite Four Member Falls To You."

I Stand Their Speechless

I Stand Their Speechless. Professor Rowan Cleans His Glasses And Stares At The Ground.

"You're Seriously Giving Me This Job? Professor Of The Sinnoh Region AND The Champion?" I Ask. "Is That Even Legal?"

""Under Pokémon League Laws The Previous Champion Takes On The Role Of Professor. The One Before Cynthia Is Too Sick To Take The Role. Sadly You're The Only One Qualified" Lance Says. "It Pains Me To Say But Under Official Pokémon League Law. You Are Officially The New Professor And Still Reigning Champion Of The Sinnoh Region" Lance Says Putting A Pin On Me.

 You Are Officially The New Professor And Still Reigning Champion Of The Sinnoh Region" Lance Says Putting A Pin On Me

I Look At The Pin And Back At Him In Disgust. His Gaze Meets Mines And He Looks Away. Diantha Does The Same As Well. The Professor Starts Coughing And He Steps Away To Make A Phone Call, A Car Appears In The Driveway And He Gets In.

"Kaiso, You're In Charge Of Finding A New Elite Four Member. We Need A New One Decided Within The Next Six Months, Or We're Going To Have To Force You To Resign Due To Incompetence. There Will Be A Tournament Held For The Ones That You Elect For The Position. Choose Wisely Kaiso" Diantha Says As She Walks Off.

"Don't Disappoint Us Kaiso, Rowan Depends On It" Lance Says Getting Into The Car.

The Car Drives Off Leaving Dust In The Air As It Turns Out Of The League. So In A Span Of A Couple Minutes I Go From A Care Free Champion On Hiatus To Now The New Professor Of The Sinnoh Region And Now My Job And Title Are On The Line. I Turn Around To Go Back Into My Room And Aroarah Is Standing Directly Behind Me And It Scares The Living Hell Out Of Me.

"God Dammnit Aroarah, What The Hell Is Your Problem?" I Say Jumping Up. She Starts Laughing And Ramparados Walks Out Of My Room.

"So I Hear That You're Looking For A New Elite Four Member, Professor Kaiso. Well Problem Solved I'm Here" She Says Pointing At Herself.

I Look At Her Blankly And I Pet Ramparados On His Head.

"This Isn't Going To Be Such An Easy Process Aroarah. My Job Is On The Line And As Champion Of This Region, My Elite Four Needs To Be Composed Of The Strongest Trainers In The Region. As Of Right Now You Are Not That. It Brings Me Great Pleasure In Saying That" I Say As I Pat Aroarah On Her Head. "In Order To Prove You Are Strong You Need Someone To Measure Yourself Against, Someone That Isn't Me." I Say Pulling Out My Phone. Two People Flash Into My Mind, A Tournament In Hearthome City Comes To Mind. I Think I May Have An Idea.

"Hey Aroarah, Pack Your Things, I'm Going To Invoke Some Of My Champion Authority. I Have A Couple Calls To Make."