The Battle With a New Enemy and Event Chapter 3

--------Isshin's POV--------

When Orihime finished healing my baby girl, I was trusted with monitoring her.

The last time I actually was this close to Karin, I was told, not initially, that her and Toshiro are having a daughter.

Remembering that made me glance at her stomach. 'Wow,' I thought to myself. 'Her stomach got bigger since I last saw her.' This is weird. I saw not even two days ago, and it already got that big.

Getting rid of my thought, I walked over to her bed as she started to wake up.

When she came out of her daze, she looked around with a worried look on her face. "What is wrong, Karin?" I asked her.

She looked at me with tears stinging her eyes. "Dad, where is Toshiro?" she asked me. I didn't have any idea what I would say to her. I didn't want her to worry about her husband.

Trying to quickly come up with an excuse, I said, "Don't worry. Toshiro went back to the Soul Society. Head Captain Yamamoto wanted him back for an important job. He will be back in a matter of days." I told her as I held her hand.

Most of those statements were truthful. The only one that was false was the last sentence. I really have no idea when he will come back.

"Are you sure about that, Dad?" Karin asked. I could see, in her eyes, if I told her that I really had no idea when he would come back, it would smash her heart. Not completely, but just enough to keep anyone, except for Toshiro, from making her happy.

"Yes, karin, I am sure. I was told by Head Captain Yamamoto personally. Toshiro will be back very soon," I tell her.

She smiled at me as she sat up with one hand on her stomach. Karin looked down at where the baby would be and said, "I guess we will have to wait for daddy to come home, won't we?"

I smiled at her as Masaki, or my wife, came into the room. "Hi, Karin. How are you feeling today?" she asked her.

Karin smile grew as she said, "I feel very happy today, Mom. I am just glad that even though Toshiro is not here, I have my still developing daughter to give me a piece of him. I am so happy that he is the father of my little girl."

When my little girl finished her statement, I noticed that Masaki's eyes had tears in them. "What is wrong, Masaki?" I asked her. My wife's name now seemed weird to say because I haven't said it to her since she died more than twenty years ago.

"I-I am just so happy that my little Karin is growing up so fast. I mean, it seems like just yesterday, I held her and Yuzu in my arms, rocking them to sleep. Now she is a married woman with a baby on the way." With that, Masaki came over to me and cried.

--------Karin's POV--------

When my mom answered my dad's question, she cried and ran to him for comfort. I just didn't want to ruin the first time in twenty-one years where my mom needed my dad to calm her down.

Just then a pain shot through my stomach. Mom and Dad stared at me with worry after I winced at the pain.

"Are you OK, Karin. Are you in a lot of pain?" Mom asked me. I shook my head.

"It's OK. The baby just kicked. I am OK." I told her. Just then, I had a craving for the strangest of food. "Mom, could you get me some popcorn, peperoni, and some bubble gum?" I asked her.

She nodded her head and left me alone with dad as she went to fill my request. Dad just stared at me with confusion in his eyes.

"Why do you want that stuff, Karin?" he asked me. I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't know. I just got this craving for some popcorn, peperoni, and bubble gum." I honestly told him.

Ten minutes later

Mom finally arrived with my food. "What took you so long, Mom?" I whined.

She answered my question, but I didn't hear one word of it. I was too busy trying to stuff my face with the popcorn, then the peperoni, and lastly, the bubble gum.

"You were hungry, weren't you, Karin?" Mom asked me.

I nodded my head in response. I didn't want to say anything because my mouth was filled with gum.

When I thought that this day could get no better, there was a knock on my door. "Come in!" my mother cooed.

To my surprise, Toshiro burst through the door and ran right towards me.

TO THE NEXT PART