Love Burns - Medic x Reader

'So tell me, how did zis happen exactly?' The Germon doctor waved a gloved hand at the many burns on your left arm that made you writhe on the hospital bed in agony. 'Hmm, let me guess. Vas it Pyro?'

You nodded, your face scrunched up in pain. 'Making smores...and Scout threatened to...t-to pop the Balloonicorn.' You said, your voice barely a whisper. 'Just help me, Medic.'

Hearing the pain in your voice, he immediately rushed to get his medi-gun. He always had been caring and gentle around you, despite what you had heard from the other mercenaries - they had portrayed him as some kind of evil maniac. One time Scout had even told you he enjoyed the screams of his experiments/patients, but that couldn't be true. Whenever you had been in pain, he'd be as quick as he could to help you. If you ever went into his lab injured, you would always come out of it in perfect condition. So whenever the others would start telling you the story of when he removed (and somehow lost) the entire skeleton of one of his patients to try and scare you, you would always snap at them that he was a kind man and you thought he would never do such a thing. So of course, the teasing began.

'Ooh, looks like (Y/N)'s got a cruuuush!' Scout had said one time, one of his eyebrows arched and smirking at you in a very suggestive manner. Of course a few moments after that, Medic had walked through the door of the rec room. Scout had tilted his head towards the doctor and winked, making you run from the room. You always mentally beat yourself up whenever you remembered that moment, scolding yourself to stop acting like a teenage girl when their crush walked into a room. But you couldn't, because that same thing happened at least six times the week after - you didn't want Medic to see your flushed face whenever he entered a room. Let's face it, you had a crush on the tall, (and very handsome) German doctor.

But from your perspective, you couldn't see why any woman wouldn't have a crush on him. He was tall, strong, with perfectly chiselled features, entrancing blue-grey eyes and a charming smile. But you were sure he wouldn't return your affections. He was probably only nice to you because you were the only female member of the team. He probably just pitied you or something. Despite your thoughts, you couldn't stop your heart from always skipping a beat when you were anywhere near him, with the exception of when you were lying on a hospital bed with severe burns running up your left arm.

'(Y/N)? (Y/N)?' A voice snapped you from your thoughts back to reality. Medic was staring at you with an eyebrow raised. 'Are you alright?'

'Oh, e-er...' You stammered, your cheeks going a bit red. You mentally cursed yourself. You were acting like a stupid school girl again! 'Yeah, I-I'm fine. Just...d-daydreaming.'

'Vell, everyzink is done. Just zought you might vant to know.' He said with a small smirk. You looked at you arm - perfect, as good as new, just like so many times before.

'Thanks Medic.' You said, hopping off the table. You were about to head by the door when his hand closed around your arm.

'Vait, before you go, I vanted to ask you somezink.'

'Oh, er...y-yes?' You said, silently praying he couldn't hear the loud drumming of your heart.

'I just vanted to know, vhy haff you been avoiding me? Did I do somezink wrong?'

'A-avoiding you?' You said, forcing a weak laugh. 'I haven't been avoiding you! I-I guess I always just...you know, keep leaving at the wrong time?'

Medic chuckled softly before smiling. 'You know, zese valls are very thin. I can hear a lot of conversations before I haff even got to ze door. And Scout is a very loud person.'

You heart did a flip inside your chest. He'd heard Scout teasing you?! You were going to kill that boy, no matter how fast he said he can run. 'Scout's making things up. He's lying.' You gulped, but your face was red, and that sort of gave it away. Medic tilted his head to the side slightly, a grin playing on his lips.