The Phantom - Engineer x Superhero!Reader

Requested by SadafZ00 

'THE PHANTOM' STRIKES AGAIN!

A well-know criminal gang was found incapacitated and tied to a lamppost in the middle of Teufort park early this morning, their firearms in a pile near them. Nobody knows how they got there, but many people seem to think this is was the work of the infamous Phantom - a mysterious woman who wears all black, a cloak and a scarf that covers her face, and has superhuman strength. One man claims to be a witness and says he saw a woman walk up to them as he was leaving the park, but nobody knows for certain whether this was The Phantom or not. Police are working hard to try and find out who helped Teufort by taking down this dangerous gang. (For more on the Phantom, please turn to page 3.)

'What a load of bullshit.' The Engineer grumbled as he dumped the newspaper on the bench in the mess hall. At first the articles about 'The Phantom' seemed reasonable, but there had been barely any sightings so it probably wasn't genuine. The Phantom was a myth, a story created by the government to cover for the FBI or something, or just to give the people something to believe in and give them a false sense of hope. Hell, if they really wanted something genuine to believe in to keep them safe, the RED team should be the ones patrolling the streets at night. 

'Ey, whatchu got there?' Scout said loudly as he strutted into the mess hall like usual. 'More about that Phantom woman, huh? She's pretty cool.' 

'She's made up is what she is.' Engineer scoffed. 'Nobody ever sees her, she's just a story made up to get readers for this crappy newspaper.'

'But people say dey've seen 'er. She sounds so sick, beatin' up da bad guys and leavin' 'em for the police to find. She must have superpowers or somethin'.' Scout said as he read the article.

'Pfft, you're just like the citizens of Teufort. Believing in something real just because you've been told to by the papers.' Engineer grabbed his coffee and left the room, leaving Scout confused as to why he refused to believe The Phantom was real.

That evening, Medic scolded him for staying in his lab working all day, claiming it was bad for him to stay indoors. With a defeated sigh, Engineer donned his coat and headed out into Teufort, searching for a pub. He desperately wanted to carry on with the upgrade he was so close to finishing on his teleporter, but it would have to wait until tomorrow. He sighed deeply and entered the pub.

----------Your PoV

You sat patiently at the bar, waiting for the bartender to get your drink. As you looked around the room, a newspaper headline caught your eye. 

'THE PHANTOM' STRIKES AGAIN!

You grinned to yourself as you read it, remembering how the fight was over in under a minute. The gang may have had guns, but their physical strength was nothing compared to your superhuman strength. They barely had time to defend themselves.

You were pulled from your thoughts as a man sat down on the barstool next to you. 'Hey.' He said, a sly grin on his face. 'You look pretty bored.'

'Hmm.' You shrugged, and his grin grew wider. 

'I'm sure I could show you a good time if you came with me...'

You glared at him. 'Knock it off, I'm not interested.'

'Come on, don't be like that...' He said, placing a hand on your leg.