Keys - Sniper x Reader

Requested by  surfaced-emotion

'YOU MAGGOTS BETTER BE READY TO GO OUT! IF YOU'RE NOT I'LL MAKE YOU DO PRESS UP TIL YOU COLLAPSE!'

You jumped at the sound of the door of the Rec Room being kicked in and Soldier yelling loudly. Ms Pauling had arranged for the whole team to go out for lunch, and Soldier decided you all needed an hour warning before you needed to leave.

'Yea, yea, we know.' Engineer grumbled before turning his attention back to his guitar. Soldier gave him a dirty look before screaming again.

 'WELL THEN, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR YOUR LITTLE SCHOOL GIRLS? GET TO THE MESS HALL OR I'LL DRAG EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU THERE BY YOUR TEETH!' Soldier marched out of the room, not even waiting for a response.

Demo groaned. 'He's not kiddin'. One time he really did drag me by me teeth. They never been the same since then...' 

'Let us go, before zhe madman returns.' Spy said, throwing down his book and stalking out of the room. 

You sighed loudly and followed the rest of the mercs to the mess hall. When you got there, you saw Heavy, Soldier, Medic and Sniper sitting at the bench. Soldier was arguing with Heavy over what sandwiches to bring, and neither Medic nor Sniper were talking. You took as seat next to Sniper, trying to hide a pink tinge that crept its way on to your cheeks. You'd secretly had a crush on Sniper since you'd got to the RED base, and the only other person who knew was Spy, who had seen you glancing at him one time. AS you sat down, the Frenchman gave you a knowing look, before sitting down at the other end of the bench so you couldn't kick him.

'HAVE YOU GOT EVERYTHING, CUPCAKES?' Soldier shouted at Sniper, who waved his keys and put them on the table for everyone to see.

'Yea I have.' He grumbled, glaring at Soldier.

'AW, IS SOMEBODY GRUMPY?' Soldier mocked him. 'IT'S NOT MY FAULT THAT LAST TIME YOU FORGOT WHERE YOU PUT YOUR KEYS!'

Sniper stood up abruptly and grabbed Soldier by his collar. 'Listen here you pathetic excuse for a - '

'WHO ARE YOU CALLING PATHETIC? ALL YOU DO IS HIDE AND KILL PEOPLE FROM THE SHADOWS! WHAT, ARE YOU TOO AFRAID TO GET YOUR HANDS A LITTLE DIRTY?'

Sniper shoved Soldier back and rolled up his sleeves. 'Let's see who's afraid now, eh?'

Whilst Sniper and Soldier wrestled, you sneakily grabbed Sniper's van keys and slipped them into your back pocket. You winked and the other mercs and put a finger to your lips, and they all grinned and nodded back.

A few minutes later, Soldier and Sniper untangled themselves and glared at each other. 'You know, I think we ought to get goin' now.' Sniper growled, not taking his eyes off Soldier.

'I HAVE A BETTER IDEA. I'M NOT GOING.' Soldier said defiantly, crossing his arms over his chest.

'Yea, goin' out for lunch sounds like shit.' Demo nodded. 'I have a better idea too. How 'bout we all stay here and get pissed?' He held up a beer and cheered. The rest of the mercs (except you and Sniper) cheered as well. They all left the mess hall, leaving you sat at the table with Sniper.

'...I'd still like to go out, if that's OK with you?' You said quietly, and a hint of a smile made its way onto Sniper's lips.

'Sure thing, Sheila.' He said before stopping short. He dug into his pockets almost frantically, then looked wildly around the room. You, on the other hand, were trying your best not to laugh. '(Y/N), have you seen...' He trailed off and began searching his pockets again.

'What's wrong?' You asked innocently, as his face scrunched up in anger.

'One of them bloody ass holes has taken me keys.' He said angrily, and prepared to go after them.

'You mean...these keys?' You said, taking them out of your pocket and holding them out in front of you. You saw Sniper's anger instantly wash away, and he fought back a smile.

'Very funny Sheila. But if you wanna go out, you're gonna have to give 'em to me.' He said softly, holding his hand out.

You grinned, an idea popping into your head. 'If you want them...' You put them into your back pocket again. '...you're gonna have to come and get them.' 

Sniper smirked. 'I'm sure you don't want me to do that, Sheila. You might get hurt.' He walked slowly over to you, until he was so close that you could feel the warmth radiating off his body and smell his cologne.

You backed up slightly. 'Oh please, I'm a merc just like you. I'm sure I could handle you...' You said, biting your bottom lip slightly. You heard Sniper growl quietly as he breathed out, still smirking.

'Do ya now? Coz...' He backed you up against a wall. 'I don't think you could.' He towered over you.

'Do you worst.' You challenged. He put one hand on firmly your waist, and you heartbeat began to quicken. You thought for sure he was going to throw you across the room or something, but instead...

He began to tickle you.

You giggled and tried to push his hand away. 'Sniper, stop...' You kept your back against the wall, but he kept tickling you more and more. 'Sniper...please...' You said between breaths as you began to laugh uncontrollably. You twisted your body to try and get away from him, but he put an arm around you and held you close to him as he carried on tickling you. 'SNIPER!' You squeaked between laughs. 'Please!...stop! I'll...I'll give you the keys!' 

'Sorry Sheila, what was that? I couldn't quite hear ya.' You looked up at Sniper to see he was smiling at you.

'I said...' You wheezed breathlessly, 'I said I'll give you...the keys!' You tried to wriggle you way out of his grip, but he was too strong. You felt on of his hands reach down to your ass, and your face began to go red. You felt his hand brush past your ass lightly before he plucked the keys out of your pocket.

'I told you, you can't handle me.' He said as you collapsed onto his chest, still out of breath. You could hear his steady heartbeat beneath your head.

'You absolute...bastard, Sniper.' You gasped as you weakly punched him in the chest.

'It's Mundy.' He said, tilting your head up to face him.

'What?' You said, confused.

'My name. My real name. It's Mundy. I only tell people who are special to me so...don't go telling the other mercs.' He said, still holding you close.

'I - I'm special to you?' You felt your cheeks flush deep red, and Mundy laughed.

'Yeah...yeah you are. You're funny, smart, you're a hell of a good shot and you're gorgeous...' He said, tucking a strand of hair behind your ear. 'You're also a tease, too.' He smirked.

You stayed silent through this, but you couldn't help a smile creep its way onto your face.

'You still wanna go out?' He asked.

'...No, not really. I...I wanna stay here with you.' You smiled warmly, gently wrapping your arms around him.

'You can stay with me as long as you like, (Y/N).' He said softly, holding you close.