Love sickness - Medic x Reader

Requested by fandomtrashshiz

A regular ceasefire day. The regular people in the regular rec room. All ready to play a regular drinking game.

Well, apart from one person. One particular German doctor that you had a particular crush on. One who had been mysteriously spending less and less time around the team, and more in his lab, "working".

Well sure, he wasn't exactly the most sociable person you'd ever met, but recently he'd been isolating himself more than ever before. Maybe it wasn't really that much of a big deal, but you were still concerned for him. (If concerned meant "super worried he might die").

You didn't know why you had a crush on him - he was scary and intimidating, and had a morbid obsession with dissecting people. But with every day you stayed at the base, the more your love for him grew. Was it the way he always looked at you, with a certain kindness in his eyes? Or was it his charming smirk? You couldn't tell, and it was driving you crazy. Whenever you looked or even thought about him your heart would flutter, your breathing would get heavier and you would feel dizzy.

But you were sure he would never like you in the same way.

'Look, if 'e dunnae show up in thae next five minutes, I'm startin' this game withae 'im!' Demo said, already half drunk.

'I-I'll go look for him...' You said quietly, standing up. Demo grumbled something about needing a drink, but nodded anyway. You stepped out into the hallway and headed towards Medic's lab.

On the way you noticed your palms starting to sweat and your heart began to beat louder and faster. You mentally scolded yourself, why were you getting all nervous? It was only Medic, it's not like you'd never talked to him before!

Still having a mini conversation with yourself in your head, you reached the lab. You wiped your hands on your jeans before knocking on the door.

A few seconds later, Medic opened the door. His hair was dishevelled and he had visible circles under his eyes. 'Jawohl?'

You just stared at him, your tongue sitting heavily in your mouth and your palms sweating more than before. Medic's eyes narrowed slightly, showing a bit of concern.

'Can I help you viz somezink? Are you injured?'

'Uh...um...' Were the only sounds that came out of your mouth. You stared up at Medic awkwardly, who in return looked at you quizzically. It may have been the light, but you could've sworn you saw a bead of sweat on his forehead.

'(Y/N), vhat's going on? Are you doing alright?'

Come the fuck on just say something!

'I-I'm doing fine, I was just wondering if uh - well, we were wondering, me and the team that is, if you were gonna come to the rec room at any point. You know, were playing a game and uh...you weren't there so I just thought I'd...yeah.' You said in a whole breath, your face flushing a bit and your heart beating like a hamsters.

'Oh.' He glanced back into his lab at the pile of paperwork and limbs on his desk. 'I vas originally planning on doing some vork but...I guess I can come along if you vant.' He said, smiling a bit.

You were going to grin back when you suddenly felt dizzy. The hallway spun around you, making you feel like you needed to throw up. You squeezed your eyes shut, feeling weightless and sick.

'(Y/N)? (Y/N)!' Medic said. You opened your eyes, the first sight being the ceiling. Then you felt an arm around you...wait, when did that get there? You peered down and saw Medic's arms supportively around your waist.

'You almost fell over...lucky zat I caught you.' Medic got you back up onto your feet and helped you take wobbly steps into the lab and onto one of the beds.