Prologue

LOUIS' POV

"Danny, if you don't give me the remote, so help me-" I said trying to climb over my girlfriend Danielle as she sat beside me on my sofa.

"-So help you what?" she interrupted me.

"So help me... I won't have sex with you for a week."

"You can't even last a night."

I pouted and she laughed.

She then handed me the remote.

I smiled, kissed her lips, and turned the channel to Criminal Minds.

"This show frightens me."

"Good." I smiled.

"So, how was your day today?" she asked me as she leaned her head on my shoulder.

"It was alright. You know, customers are always annoying."

"You should stop working at Olive Garden. The food isn't even that good."

"I know, but Mark hired me and it makes him happy that I work there."

"You shouldn't have to work there because your step-dad wants you to stay."

"Well, you know how much he means to me. He is the closet thing I have to a dad."

"Yeah, I know." Danny said and cuddled closer to me. "But, if you are unhappy, leave. You don't have to stay."

"It's fine Danny." I sighed.

"Alright." she spoke.

We then didn't talk much after that. We just drank some beers, ate some pizza, kissed a little, and watched the show on my television.

After a few hours of this, Danny finally spoke up, "I'm really tired Lou. I think I'm going to go to bed."

"I think I'll follow you. I'm pretty tired myself."

"What? No sex offers? I guess you can last a night."

"Oh, shut up." I smiled.

I then turned off the t.v. and followed Danny to our room in my dorm.

After we brushed our teeth, we both got into bed... but, not even two minutes later, I heard a loud knock at the door.

I sighed and got up.

"I'll be right back." I whispered and then kissed Danny on the forehead.

I then walked to the front door and was shocked to see who was standing behind it.

It was Harry... I could tell he was spaced out though because he was looking at the wall next to the door and he didn't even react when I opened it.

"Harry?" I asked trying to get his attention.

He jumped and then spoke breathlessly, "H-hi."

When he finally looked me in the eyes, I could see that he had been crying. His eyes were red and puffy, his cheeks were puffy, and he had tear tracks down his pale cheeks.

"Why are you crying?" I then asked.

"Can I come in?" he wondered.

"No." I spoke. I thought of Danny, but mostly I didn't know if I could hold a conversation with him. I haven't seen him in so long and how he left damaged me a little. I don't want to open that cut.

"Oh." he said with a frown.

"My girlfriend is trying to sleep." I said, which is true, but not the only reason. He doesn't need to know the other.

"Oh." he nodded and then started to walk away.

"Well, wait." I said and stepped out of my dorm so Danny couldn't hear us. "What's wrong?" I asked. I mean, I'm not just going to turn him away... even though I don't want to talk to him. He is clearly hurt.

"Zayn cheated on me with Liam." he said and started to cry more.

I didn't know what to say to that. Mostly I didn't know him and Z were still a thing. I thought they stopped seeing each other after I kicked Z out.

"Oh shit." I replied with wide eyes. "I'm so sorry."

"It's fine." he said shaking his head. "Just go back to your girlfriend." he spoke and then walked away before I could comfort him.

"Harry, wait!" I called, but he ran away.

I sighed and walked back inside.

Danny was in the living room by then.

"What's wrong?"

"An old friend of mine stopped by."

"Zayn?"

"No." I said shaking my head. "My old friend Harry."

"You've never mentioned him before?"

"I know. There is a reason why."

"What's that?"

"Let's not talk about it."

She nodded.

"I need to get high."

"We are out of weed."

"Doesn't matter. I want something stronger."

"All we have is cocaine?"

"Great." I smiled.

Danny got it out and prepared it for us.

After a few moments, she was done and I was sniffing.

I wanted to take the edge off of Harry and I wanted to sniff until I couldn't remember his name or the look on his face. In no time, I was high and he was gone.

"Now I want sex." I smiled through my highness.

"Come and get me." Danny winked and then ran off to our bedroom.

I ran after her and then pushed her up against a wall.

I started kissing her and moving my hands under her shirt.

I was in heaven and my emotions were on high.

I really wanted to be with her at the moment. So, I grabbed her hand and threw us onto the bed.

"Wait-woe." I spoke after I did that and slowly got up. I suddenly felt super dizzy.

"What?" Danny asked still laying down. "Stop playing and kiss me."

"Wait, what?" I asked looking around my room. "What- what a-are we doing?"

"You're kidding right? You were going to have sex with me?"

"S-sex?" I asked.

"Yes?" she asked sitting up. "Lou? Are you alright?"

"I-I can't f-fffeel m-" I started but then stopped because my eyes felt like they had crossed.

"Lou?" she asked. "Baby, what's wrong?"

__________

Hey! This is the new book, hope you enjoy!!! ~Ash