Chapter 13

"I know I'm not suppose to say this being your step dad and all, but you're a real idiot Louis." Mark spoke to me as we sat in his kitchen drinking tea.

"I know." I sighed. "I really messed up."

"You really did, and you were so close too." Mark spoke with a soft look full of pity.

"I know!" I groaned. "I was so close to having Harry all to myself."

"Well, you still can. You just need to put yourself out there."

"How?"

"I don't know." Mark said shaking his head. "I've never messed up this badly."

"Well thanks Mark. You're a real big help."

He laughed and took a sip of his tea.

"I'm sorry. You've just always been harder to manage and come up with solutions for your problems. Your sisters are a lot easier. They are the ones who need to forgive. Not the one's to say sorry. You are always the one that has to say sorry." he chuckled.

"I know." I nodded. "Because I'm a fucking idiot that doesn't know how to do the right thing."

Mark nodded.

We sat in silence for a moment and then my sister Lottie walked in.

"What's up with you two?" she asked as she poured herself a cup of tea.

"Your brother was being a fucking idiot and needs me to fix his problems." Mark answered.

"Mark!"

"What? Maybe Lot can help? We need a female perspective on this."

"What did you do?" she asked as she sat at the table with us.

So, I told her. I told her how Harry and I met, what I did to him, how he slept with Zayn, how we reunited, and me sleeping with him while still being in a relationship with Danny.

"You are a real idiot big brother." she said sitting back in her chair.

"I know." I groaned.

"But, I know how to fix this."

"What?" Mark and I asked at once. "How?" I then asked.

"Harry's been cheated on by Taylor, by Zayn, and now by you. Yes, you weren't really 'together', but you lied about being in a relationship with Danny. Harry feels so hurt and betrayed Louis. You were the third person to cheat. The third person to not fully care about him enough to be honest with him. That could really fuck someone up Lou."

"Well, what the fuck do I do then Lot?"

"I think you should find him, go right up to him no matter what he is doing, and present a promise ring."

"A promise ring?"

"Yes, a promise ring."

"Why?"

"Because Louis. It's a promise that you will love him forever, stay committed to only him, and soon it will be replaced with an engagement ring. The promise is that even though you're only dating, it's only Harry you're interested in. Only him. It's something a person who's been cheated on needs. It's reassurance and a promise of forever."

"And this will work?"

"I know it will work. Someone like Harry, who's that romantic, and that helplessly in love with you, will definitely take you back. I know no one has ever done this for him before. It's something that he needs."

"Alright." I nodded. "Do you agree with Lot, Mark?"

"Actually... yeah."

With that, I kissed them goodbye and left for the jewelry store.

I picked one out that gave me chills the moment I looked at it.

Once in the car, I called Zayn to see where he was.

He's in history class.

Well, Lottie said to do it no matter where he is. It will make it more romantic. So, I'm going into his class.

Once I got to his teacher's door, I took a deep breath, and then knocked.

The teachers assistant answered the door.

"How can I help you?" the girl asked.

"I need to talk to the teacher."

"About?"

"About history."

"Really?" she asked looking me up and down. "You are in art history?"

"Yes?"

"What's the teacher's name?"

"Can you just move." I said and pushed her out of the way.

"He's in the middle of giving an exam!" she yelled as I walked in, which caused everyone's heads to look up right at me.

Right away, I spotted Harry.

"Excuse me sir?" the professor asked. "How can I help you?"

"I need to talk to one of your students, Harry Styles."

"I'm sorry, but he's in the middle of his midterm."

"I know sir." I said with a pleading face. "But this is important."

"Is it life or death?"

"I mean-" I tried but he shook his head and started shoving me out of the class.

I looked over at Harry who had a scowl on his face.

I just gathered up the courage as the teacher was pushing me out to yell, "I'm sorry Harry! Please forgive me!"

Harry stayed silent.

"I know you love my 'in the moments' gestures! So this is for you!" I yelled and through the ring box to him. Luckily he caught it. "It's a promise that I'll love you forever!" I yelled and saw that he opened it. "Please forgive me. I love you Harry! I love you!" I shouted. Right as I said I love you, the door was shut in my face.

"Well fuck."

____________

Please like and comment! ~Ash