Chapter 7

The next morning when I got to Zayn's apartment, I knocked with a pattern because I felt chipper.

Harry opened the door, looking sharp. He had on black skinny jeans, a loose Rolling Stones tee on, black boots, his hair was back in sunglasses, and he had a warm smile on his face.

"Morning Louis." he spoke.

"Gooooood morning Harry. You look sharp today." I said back with an equal grin.

"Thank you."

"You ready for some coffee?"

He nodded, stepped out of the apartment, locked the door, and then we were on our way.

"Sleep well?" I asked as we walked to my car.

"Yeah, pretty good. You?"

"Terrible."

"Oh?" he asked as we both got into my car. "Why?"

"I was too excited to see you today."

Harry laughed.

"Right, Louis."

"It's the truth. I swear." I said backing up. "So, what coffee place are we going to?"

"I was just thinking Starbucks."

"Yeah, that sounds good to me."

I then turned up the radio and we rode like that. No talking, just music.

Once we arrived, we both ordered, got our drinks, and then sat down at a table for two.

We sat in silence before we both talked at the same time.

I said, "Nice weather today yeah?" as he said, "This tastes great."

We both laughed and shook our heads.

"It all of a sudden got super hard to talk to you." Harry admitted.

"Why?"

"Well, you opened up to me last night and a lot's been on my mind. Plus, I actually haven't seen you and been civil with you in so long."

"Yeah..." I nodded. "But, ask me anything about what I said last night. I don't mind. I wanted to share it with you for a reason. I want you to know these things about me."

"Okay, well... how... how did you think changing me would help me stay with you? I know you said it would help me understand you, but how does that make me want to stay with you?"

"I don't know." I shrugged. "I guess it was just some weird twisted thing that my brain made up."

"Well, just so you know, if I was still Harry from a few months ago, I would have become your boyfriend. Him and I dig people that are honest and open. Before you 'changed me' I liked you. Our first kiss lit me up like a firework. You didn't need to change me. I liked you for you."

"I know that now. I know you would want me for me and you want me to want you for you." I said and then paused. "Wait, liked?"

"Yeah." he nodded. "Liked. I'm slowly easing into my feelings. I don't want an explosion of emotions without a warning. I need to sort through this and not fuck anything up Louis."

"Yeah." I nodded. "I understand. I just like you so much that it's hard to move slow. I just want to drag you off into the Starbucks bathroom, lock the door, throw you against the wall, and smash your brains out." I said and then shrugged completely forgetting about Danny. I've been forgetting her a lot lately... and know what? I don't care.

Harry tried to hide his smile by drinking from his drink. After he got himself together, he said, "Well, I just want you to know that that won't be happening anytime soon."

"Oh, pretty please?" I joked.

"As much as I want to, no."

"Wait, as much as you want to? You want me?"

Harry bit his lip. He knew he screwed up.

"Yeah... but it doesn't change shit at the moment."

"What will change it?"

He shrugged.

I cracked a smile and so did he.

"Oh, the sexual tension."

"Too bad you're taking me home." Harry said as he got up.

"Taking you home?"

"Yeah. I have to get ready for class."

"Class?"

"Yeah." he said and then walked off to the car.

So, I followed him back and then drove him back to Zayn's apartment.

"So, when am I going to see you again?" I asked before he could get out of the car.

"Tomorrow when you come to night church with me?"

"Church? At Night?"

"Yeah." Harry said and then got out and shut the door. Before he walked completely back to his front door, he turned around and held up the number eight with his hands to show me what time I needed to pick him up tomorrow.

I nodded, smiled, waved goodbye, and then left.

_________

Please like and comment! ~Ash