Chapter 1

Darkness.

Darkness is all I could see.

And then light.

All I could see was white lights.

Darkness again.

Pitch black.

White again.

White lights.

I think I'm going in and out of consciousness.

I don't know why though?

"Louis?" I then heard being called to me. "Louis come on. Wake up darling. Wake up."

Suddenly my eyes were opening and I could see my girlfriend Danny looking down at me.

"Louis!" she shouted. "You're awake!"

"I'm awake." I nodded and tried to sit up, but she stopped me.

"No, don't babe. You're hooked up."

I then looked down to see needles and tubes sticking out of my hands. I could also see a tube connecting up to my face. I felt it up and felt it was a breathing tube.

"Am I in the hospital?" I asked her after a moment of shock.

"Yes." she nodded. "You collapsed after telling me about your friend that stopped by."

"Harry?" I asked.

"Yeah." she nodded. "We talked about him and then did some cocaine. After that you had a freak out, so I called 911 and then Zayn right after since he's the only friend of yours that I know."

"How long have I been out?"

"A few days. You passed out on Friday and it's now Monday morning."

"Holy shit." I said looking around the room. "Do you know what happened to me?"

"The doctors are on it."

I nodded.

Just then, a male doctor came in.

"Mr. Tomlinson?" he asked.

"Yes?"

"Good morning. I'm doctor Young. Nice to finally see you awake."

"I'm glad to be awake." I nodded.

"Well, I have news on why you passed out."

"Please go on." I spoke after he paused.

"Would you like your girlfriend to stay or leave?"

I knitted my eyebrows together.

"Uh?"

"It's serious Mr. Tomlinson. I prefer to speak to you alone, but if you would like her to stay, she can."

"I guess I'll talk to you alone."

"Louis?" Danny spoke surprised.

"It's okay." I spoke. "Just go. I'll be fine."

She then nodded, kissed my forehead, and left.

"So?" I then asked Dr. Young. "What's the matter?"

"Mr. Tomlinson... you suffered from a stroke."

"A... a what?" I asked in disbelief.

"A stroke. It looks to me that you were on some pretty hard drugs and your body couldn't take it. You had a stroke and you were in a short coma. It was short because we were able to help you quickly."

"I-" I said and started to cry.

"I know this might be hard for you... considering your dad."

"You knew my dad?"

"I tried reviving him after his stroke. But, as you know, he didn't make it."

I turned my head away from the doctor so he wouldn't see my tears.

I haven't thought of or talked about my real dad in so long. He was a big part of my life that got ripped away from me due to him having a stroke... just like me now... I can't believe myself. I almost followed in his footsteps of dying.

"I want to keep you here for a few more days so you can recover. Luckily nothing traumatizing happened. But, we just want to make sure you don't have another or any seizures."

"Seizures?"

"Yes, seizures. You can experience them after having a stroke."

I nodded not being able to answer due to the growing lump in my throat.

"Alright, well I have to go and help another patient. But, I'll be back shortly."

"Okay." I nodded but, before he could leave I said, "Please tell Danny. I don't think I can repeat what you just told me."

More tears then flowed out of my eyes. I didn't care this time if he could see them or not.

"Will do Mr. Tomlinson." he nodded and then left me.

He left me all alone to think of my dad and my almost lost life.

__________

Please like and comment~ Ash