Chapter 8

"Hey Lou." I heard Danny whisper in my ear as she snaked her arms around me while I chopped up some carrots for a light snack.

"Hello." I said back, not paying much mind to her.

"So, I was thinking tonight you and I could go to the movies."

"Uh, sorry Danny. I've got church."

"Church?" she asked and then unhooked her hands from around me. She then stood next to me and said, "Since when do you go to church? At night?"

"I have a friend who wants to try it out and he invited me along."

"What friend is this?"

"Marcel." I said completely random.

I don't want her knowing I'm with Harry.

"Marcel? I've never heard you mention a Marcel?"

"Yeah well, we've been friends for a while. He use to be a junkie like me, that's how we met. But, now he wants to turn his life around. So, he's going to this church and wanted me to come along to support him."

"Well, can I go then?"

"Uh, no." I said as I put everything away, but the bowl of carrots I just cut.

"Why no?"

"Because-" I spoke and then took a bite of my snack. "-he wants this to be low-key and with someone he trusts. Sorry." I said with a shrug on the last word.

"It's whatever I guess." she spoke and then left for our bedroom.

I then sat and watched t.v. and ate my snack until 7:45. I then washed my dishes and left for Harry's place.

Once there, I texted him to come outside.

A few minutes later, he was getting into the front seat of my car.

"Good evening." I smiled as I backed out of the parking space.

"Hey." Harry smiled as he buckled.

"You smell nice."

"Thank you."

I then headed for the church.

Once there, I parked, and we both walked inside. Once seated I said, "This place is nice."

"I know right." he nodded looking around. "I found it through Taylor."

"I thought you didn't talk to her?"

"I don't, the girl I was with a few nights ago is friends with her. She told me while we talked at the bar I met her in."

"Oh." I nodded. After a few moments of silence I said, "So, a girl?"

Harry smiled and said, "You know, I've learned not to be picky. A persons a person... even though men help me get there faster."

I chuckled at that.

The mass then started and everything went smoothly.

It was a little weird being back in that type of setting, but I was happy that I was making Harry happy. That's all I really wanted.

So, mainly throughout the service, I just watched Harry.

He was smiling and singing and clapping along.

I liked this Harry.

It's something that I never knew I'd like.

He's better then the Harry that I tried to create.

After the mass was over with, Harry and I then walked back to my car so I could drive him home. Once there, we just sat in silence for a few minutes before Harry said, "Thank you Louis."

"For what?"

"For going with me. I know you, so I know it was hard."

"It was actually pretty alright."

"Oh?" he asked turning to me.

"Yeah." I nodded turning to him. "I liked seeing you smile and be so into it. You have a nice voice too."

"Oh, you heard me?" he blushed turning away from me.

"Yeah, I heard you." I said and lightly grabbed his chin so he would look at me again.

We then stayed silent and I could see Harry's eyes glass over with want. His chin was hot under my hand and I could feel myself wanting him too from that. But, before I could lean in for a kiss, he smiled saying, "I have to go Louis."

He then grabbed his phone and keys and got out of the car.

I huffed as he walked up to his door. But, he then looked down at the ground, turned around, and walked back to the car. He walked up to the drivers window. He then knocked on the glass, so I rolled it down.

"Did you forget something?" I asked.

"Yeah." he nodded. "I forgot my cup." he said and pointed to the plastic cup that had water in it from when he first got in tonight.

"I can just throw that away Harry. It's okay." I laughed.

"But, it's my mess."

"It's okay Harry." I smiled.

"Alright then." he nodded and then turned to leave. He took a few steps and then turned back around.

"What now?"

"This." he said and quickly pecked my lips.

It was only a good two seconds, but my whole world turned from black to white.

He then left with a wave and I left with a boner.

__________

Please like and comment! ~Ash