Six

"So, how do I look?"

Somehow, even Emily could make a tacky store-bought French maid outfit look like it belonged in a magazine. Alice gaped in admiration, the mascara wand in hand nearly stabbing her eye, as she sat in front of Emily's full-length bedroom mirror. Black silk fabric clung off Emily's hips, the off-the-shoulder sleeves and (fake) diamond necklace giving her defined collarbone a look of elegance, and her tall black stilettos made her legs appear a mile long. It took skill to wear a French Maid outfit and still maintain a sense of class while still being totally sexy, but Emily had done it.

"You look incredible," Alice breathed out honestly, giggling when Emily tickled her nose with the feather duster.

Even though Alice was pretty excited for the Halloween party, a weird sense of dread followed her the entire week leading up to that night.

The past few nights she had the same weird reoccurring dream. In the dream, she would walk into her office only to find Emily half-naked on her desk, her bare legs wrapped around Isaac's waist, with Isaac turning to Alice and winking.

"Hope you don't mind – this is going to be happening a lot from now on." Dream Isaac would say.

"No, no, not at all," Dream Alice muttered, adjusting her laptop to not get in the way of their thrusting motions. For some reason, Dream Alice was more concerned ensuring their comfort rather than the fact that her two friends were banging on her desk. "Hey, Emily, wanna maybe go for lun – ?""

"Alice, we – are- kind – of," Dream Emily panted, "In the middle of – oh! – something."

"Yeah, why are you even here?" Dream Isaac asked without even looking at her. "Didn't you know Emily took your job?"

"Wh-what?" she would stumble out as both Isaac and Emily laughed maniacally, every high-pitch note echoing through her ears.

Blaise suddenly barged into the office on a unicycle, wearing a bright purple tuxedo with a dozen red roses in his hands. "Emily!" he shouted, wheeling around the office on the unicycle. "I got you these flowers; each petal is a symbol of my undying love for you."

"Just – put – them – oh god – on – the – desk."

Just when things couldn't get any weirder, Mark waltzed in the room wearing an elegant three-piece suit. Butterflies rippled through Dream Alice's stomach when he ignored the raging sex-scene and unicycle performance, eyes only for her, and kneeled on one knee by her feet. Tears sprung to her eyes as he pulled out a small velvet black box, gently grabbing her hand.

"Oh, Mark," she whispered softly, lightly stroking his cheek as tears freely ran down her face. The commotion in the room seemed so far away with Mark around. Her heart rose when he slowly opened the box, but quickly, it plummeted when the jewelry box was completely empty.

"I just wanted to remind you that we are never, ever, going to be together again," he said, but with a sickeningly affectionate tone that perfectly contrasted the venomous words. The happy tears stopped and instead her body felt petrified when Mark's hand rested on the bare knee uncovered by her skirt. His lips found their way only an inch away from her ear to whisper, "But don't worry. I vow to always be part of your life as a constant reminder of what you'll never have."

A loud distorted growl came from Dream-Isaac; his face was turning dark and bubbles boiled underneath his skin as he morphed into something terrifying. His platinum hair looked like it was on fire as it slowly turned the same shade of red as Alice's. When the transformation was complete, Isaac no longer stood at Alice's desk, but instead, it was Simon. Still inside of Emily, with dark dead eyes, he turned his head, glaring at her with the most menacing look her fucked up imagination could come up with.