Forty Seven Part Two

PART TWO! Also, I had to edit in a conversation I completely forgot to write in before! Thus, I deleted the old part and have uploaded this! If you've already read this chapter but would like to see the revisions - It is closer to the end. :) 

Sorry for the confusion!

---

The room was dark, with only a faint silhouette of Isaac seen through the shadows. The sound of him stirring in his bed, followed by a weak, "hello?"

Blaise flipped on the light switch to see a wincing Isaac, shielding his eyes from the bright fluorescent light.

"B-Blaise? Alice?" Isaac stammered out, still covering his face. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"What the hell are you doing here?" Alice shot back. Despite her snarkiness, relief flooded through her when saw watched his quick moments. In fact, she was rather surprised to see that aside from a sling supporting his right arm and a bandage around his forehead, Isaac seemed fine.

When Isaac lowered his hands from his face, a pink shade crept up his cheeks. "I don't get it... how did you know I was here?"

"I'm your emergency contact, mate," Blaise answered, looking just as confused as Alice.

Isaac paused and scrunched his nose. "You are?"

"Apparently."

"Oh... huh"

"Will you please explain what happened!?" Alice interrupted, her voice squeaking out the words. "I thought you were dead!"

"Well, I'm not," Isaac said, rubbing his temples. "Though, right about now, I wouldn't mind being dead..."

"Isaac. It's three in the morning," Blaise said. "I'm tired, I'm hungry, and quite frankly, I'm a little disappointed by the cold greeting. Just tell us what happened."

Isaac's shoulders slumped over, and although the white hospital gown didn't help, Isaac looked even paler than before.

"Honestly, I'm surprised you haven't already heard what happened...it's all over the news already..." Isaac muttered.

"Spit it out," Blaise said.

"I..." Isaac started but paused to fiddle with the straps of his sling, avoiding any eye contact with either of them.

"I got a D.U.I.," Isaac said with his head lowered and when Alice gasped, he gave a small wince before continuing. "I... I didn't think I drank much. I only had a few drinks, but I took a bunch of Valium, too, and I... I crashed into a fire hydrant right on Center Street. In front of hundreds of people."

Both Alice and Blaise remained completely silent, both gawking at Isaac, who was surrounded by shame. His blue eyes looked grey and lifeless, as if a spark inside of him had burnt out.

It was almost enough to let the sympathy inside of Alice overtake her, but not quite.

"You're a fucking idiot," she said flatly, finally breaking the silence.

"I know, I know, I -"

"No, do you have any idea how stupid that is?" The sympathy turned to exasperation and she circled the hospital bed, her eyes narrowing on Isaac. "Do you have any idea how worried we've been? I thought you were dead! And with that stupid, idiotic, decision, you very well could have been!"

"I know, I'm sorry," Isaac said before quickly adding, "No one got hurt -"

"But they could have been!" Alice shrieked. "So stupid, and selfish, and you... you could be dead, you moron!"