Thirty Six Part One

Posting two chapters today solely because it is too long to be one chapter, wooo!

__

Alice could not stop staring at Isaac.

    She was completely transfixed by him. The way his hands animatedly flew through the air as he sat across the booth from her, passionately discussing something with Blaise beside him. Maybe they were still talking about the hockey game that was playing on the dusty TVs at Isaac's favorite bar, or maybe they had moved on to something she could contribute to more.

It didn't matter, though. She was stuck in a temporary fog, only allowing her eyes to focus on the way Isaac's fingers traced the lip of his pint whenever he was mentally preparing an argument against whatever Blaise had said, the way he seemed to smack his lips when he appeared to be stumped, or the way his eyes crinkled at the corners whenever he laughed.

After spending the past two weeks exploring each other's bodies, no matter where she looked on his body, she was brought back to a previous encounter. It had gotten to the point where Alice understood why Isaac insisted on creating actual rules. If they hadn't been specified, she knew she would be sneaking off to his office rather than being a productive employee.

Even just looking at the crinkles in his eyes, a seemingly innocent quality, reminded her of earlier that morning before they parted ways to go to the office. When Isaac was in the shower Alice made the last minute decision to join him and give him a proper start to the day.

And once he had finished, Alice stood from the shower floor, to meet Isaac giving her the most genuine smile pulling right to the corners of his shining blue eyes. With the water pouring down on them, he pulled her into his chest and tightly wrapped his arms around her shoulders.

He kissed the top of her head and was laughing as he said, "you are my favorite person in the entire world."

The memory forced Alice to lower her eyes to her beer, covering her mouth to hide the smile growing on her face.

She wondered whether Isaac thought of her throughout the day and she made a mental note to ask him later. There was no doubt that he was a better actor than her. If she wasn't the one who was sleeping with him, she would assume that he had lost all interest in her.

But she knew that wasn't true. No matter how many times he breezed past her in the hallway, giving only a small nod, she knew he was smitten.

Part of her felt like the luckiest girl in the world. How many people were lucky enough to have mind-blowing sex with someone they were so physically and emotionally attracted to? Their conversation was endless. Anytime she felt like they were about to hit an awkward lull, Isaac would bring up a random topic that would magically flow for hours.

The other part of her felt like she had been cursed for doing something evil in a past life, and her karmic justice was not being allowed to hold her significant other's hand in public. Or tell her best friends. Or do anything that a normal couple would do.

Although, she had to admit.

The whole forbidden aspect was pretty hot.

"What do you think, Alice?"

Alice snapped her eyes from her beer to Blaise, who was staring at her eagerly. "Huh?"

"Do you think we should offer a free trial to our counseling services?" he asked, and Alice let out a small breath of relief when Blaise seemed unaware of her temporary distraction.

She totally had this.

"Yeah, absolutely." She cleared her throat when her voice cracked a little. "Most of the other websites that could be considered competition already do. If we want to keep our subscribers rising, we need to give them incentive on choosing us in the first place."