Twelve

A/N: Holy crap, you guys. Words cannot describe how in awe I am of the fact that people are actually reading this. Like, seriously, my views and votes pretty much tripled over the weekend and it is SURREAL but in THE BEST WAY POSSIBLE! My mouth has been hanging open all weekend. I appreciate it SO much! Keep it coming! <3 Share any input you have at all! 

Also! This chapter is a little shorter than the others, but after this chapter I think I'm going to start making my chapters even shorter than this. However it'll be updated more frequently. I know it's a pain to read these giant novel-like chapters on Wattpad, so I'm basically gonna chop my chapters into three parts that I can post throughout the week. 

And, as always, thank you @ElisionEditing for editing this! Check out her page! :D 

Hope you enjoy!

_________________________________________

 "So, I went out with this big-shot lawyer last night," Emily said as she stirred a spoonful of honey into her green tea. A mischievous smile curled on her lips as she licked the remaining honey off the spoon.

"Oh really?" Alice asked taking a seat across from Emily at her kitchen table, pulling her knees up to her chin so her fuzzy slippers rested on the chair. She leaned forward eagerly; there were few things Alice loved more than hearing about Emily's Friday night conquests. "How was that?"

"It was, like, the craziest Friday night of my life," she said, flicking her hands with every syllable she spoke. "Let me tell you, Isaac might be fun to party with because he's a CEO and all...but you have not partied until you've partied with lawyers."

"Considering all we do when we 'party' is get drunk in random dive bars or on my couch, I don't think that's too hard to beat," Alice giggled, spreading cream cheese on her blueberry bagel. "What about it was so amazing?"

"Oh my god, okay, so, first we went out to this new super trendy club with all his lawyer buddies. And they were all so fuckin' hot, I felt like I was in a sea of models," she said, and pressed her hands to her chest, letting out a small moan. "I almost regret going there with Andy, because he was hot and all, but some of these guys...Oh my."

"Sounds fun," Alice said, raising her eyebrows. "Do you like any of them?"

"Sure. I like looking at them."

"No - I meant, you know, do you want to date any of them?"

"Alice, let's be real, here," she said, tapping her finger against her red lips. "It was a group of hot rich lawyers. You don't date them. You simply let them treat you like a queen for a night then you never see them again."

"Well, hey, you never know," Alice said, raising her palms in the air. "Some people can be hot, rich, and dateable."

"Regardless, these guys were not. They were your stereotypical, cigar-smoking, scotch-drinking, toss-hundred-dollar-bills-at-strippers lawyers," she said. "But that's not the point of the story."

"What else happened?"

"We went to this after party in a penthouse apartment, and oh my god – it was so beautiful. It had the best view of the city that I've ever seen..." She paused to stare dreamily at the ceiling before continuing. "Anyway, there was this giant hot tub on the roof, so Andy and I decided to go skinny dipping...Alice. I got laid in a hot tub on top of a skyscraper in November. It was literally the most magical moment of my life."