Chapter 5: The Spot

Normani Phillips POV
I walked into 'The Spot', as we used to call it, and went to where Tion was seated. Once he noticed me coming over, he got up and put on a smile that I could never resist. I couldn't help it but put a smile on my face too. He put his arms out and pulled me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around his body and we shared this hug for about 10 seconds even though I didn't want to let go.

"How've you been? You look beautiful." He smiled as we took a seat in a booth.

"Thank you. I've been great. How about you? Is it still the same here?" I asked.

"Yeah, it kind of is except we're adults now and we can go into places that we've always wanted to go." He nodded his head.

"What do you want to drink?" He questioned.

"I'll take a glass of cherry soda." I smiled small.

"Excuse me?" He called a female that worked here.

"How may I take your order?" She said with no emotion.

"We'll have 2 glasses of cherry soda." He told her.

"Thank you." We both said once our drinks came back.

"I've really missed so much." He took a sip.

"I've missed you too. I haven't really had a boyfriend since you've left. I mean my sister would set up dates here and there but I haven't really had a boyfriend. I guess I wasn't too comfortable with being with somebody else." I smiled a little.

"Really?" He smiled and chuckled.

"Yeah. You did say that you'd wait for me and I felt like I had to respect that." I shrugged.

"How's your dad doing?" He asked.

"He's doing better than the first 3 years that we lost mama." I slowly nodded my head and looked down at the table.

"You look like you're doing better.".

"Thank you. I'm planning on getting my money so that I could move out and purchase a home that has my own little clinic downstairs. If you understand." I explained.

"What my Aunt Susan had?" He furrowed his brows.

"Yeah, something like that." I nodded my head.

"What about you? How's everything going?".

"Everything is cool. I mean I moved back here because I missed my hometown but also because I got a promotion." He looked at me.

"Congrats. What do you do?" I asked.

"I'm a Forensic." He nodded his head.

"Well, you always used to be a little detective whenever something went wrong." I laughed.

"You right." He chuckled too.

"It was something that I wanted to do. I mean I watched my father die. I wanted to investigate to find out who murdered him. Once I did my research, I found who did it. From that day, I knew it was what I wanted to be. My father was a forensic too." He shrugged.

"You had big ass dreams." I commented.

"So did you. In fact you wanted to do everything." He looked away and locked eyes with another female that was sitting in another booth.

"Yeah.." I took a sip of my drink.

-

"I had a good time." He faced me.

"So did I, Tion." I smiled.

"I did say that I'll wait for you. Here I am." He looked into my eye.