Chapter 25: Stir-Fry

3 MONTHS LATER
Normani Phillips POV
"Hold on.." I placed one last peck on Curtis' check.

We were just chilling then we ended up having a make-out session on his couch. I got up and walked to the kitchen to check on the Apple Pie that I was making. I bent over and opened the oven door. I felt a pair of hands on my waist and I smirked. I checked on the Apple Pie but it wasn't ready. I closed the over door and got back up, putting my hands around his neck.

"Mhm.." I said whilst giving him a kiss.

"It sure does smell good in here, like you." He said making me smile.

"It's almost ready, just give it an extra 5 or 6 minutes, baby." I held his hand.

"What are we gonna do in the mean time?" He whispered.

"The only thing we can do is kiss. You're not getting no where near there." I licked his cheek.

"I know, I gotta wait until it's the right time." He let go of me and took the orange juice that was stood on the counter.

"I understand. I feel the same way. I'm not the type of person to just dick you down the next month. It takes a long time for a real relationship to be built. I gotta trust the person before I even jump into bed with them." He shrugged.

"I agree. My body is a temple and I expect the guy that I'm with to respect that." I added.

"You damn right, preach." He snapped his fingers.

"You play too much." I laughed.

"Aw, I miss Calvin." I pouted.

"He should be back soon. His mom picked him up." He sighed and shook his head.

"What happened?" I asked.

"She just popped up out of the nowhere and asked to take him out. We had an argument. She didn't even give me no warning or shit.".

"I mean, she is his mother.".

"I still don't want my son around her family. The messed up shit they did to me was unacceptable." He shook his head.

"I let her have him for the day. It's her own fault. She gave him up and didn't even think about what she was doing." He looked at me.

"Now her parents want her to have full custody.".

"That's some messed up shit right there." I mumbled and walked over to him.

"I'm not gonna let them punks take my son away from me. I've been there from the beginning. I've raised him on my own and I don't mind doing it for the rest of my life, ya' dig?".

"I hear you." I nodded my head.

"Everything is going to be okay." I pulled him into a hug and kissed his cheek.

"As long as I got you and Calvin, everything is gonna be alright for me." He smiled as I puckered my lips out for him to kiss it.

The door bell rang and he let go of me. I watched him walk away then I went to the oven and removed the Apple Pie that was now done. I heard heels clicking on the marble floor and feet littler than mine and Curtis running towards the kitchen.

"Mani!" Calvin exclaimed and threw his arms out.

"Hey CalCal." I grinned and pulled him into a tight hug.

"Smells good in here. What you cooking?" I heard a female voice talking to Curtis.

"I ain't cooking, my girl is." He responded.