Chapter 20: Bria's

Normani Phillips POV
I quickly slid my Jordan's on and quickly made it downstairs. I picked up my duffle bag that I had packed last night and opened my front door. It was still cold and the snow was coming back. I jogged to where Curtis was and gave him a hug. I was currently in my basketball shorts and jersey.

"Hey, let's quickly get in." He said.

He opened the door for me and I entered the warm car. I sighed in relief because the car was warm. Curtis then entered and pulled off. He looked at me and laughed.

"You wasn't playing, huh?" He asked.

"I'm not! I'm going to really beat you." I laughed also.

"We're going to an indoor court. It's too cold out here. I would've taken you to a court where I used to hang with my friends back in the day." He said.

"That's cool with me." I nodded my head.

We finally made it to the indoor court and we got a space of our own. I began bouncing the ball as we walked over to our space. I passed the ball to Curtis and he chuckled then put his duffle bag down, along with mine.

Can't wait to beat this guy.

-

I sat across from Bria's cousin, Abigail, who had just finished getting ready for this party that she as supposed to be going to later on. She was on her phone smiling away and laughing with Bria. I looked at Traci who had a face of disgust. I then looked back at Abigail who had on a skirt that didn't even pass her knees.

"So, whose party is it that you're going to?" Traci questioned.

"Some guy that I met on Instagram." She flipped her hair over her shoulder.

"His name's Raheem. He is so fine." She looked up at the ceiling, thinking about him I guess.

"Raheem? Raheem's throwing a party?" I raised my brows remembering that Raheem was throwing a beach party.

"How old are you, again?" Traci squinted her eyes.

"17? You know Raheem?" Abigail looked at me.

"Yeah, he works at my boyfriends tattoo parlour." I nodded my head.

"I'm hungry, got anything to eat?" She stood up.

The guys walked in and Mario caught Abigail's eye. She fixed her skirt and walked past him, and giving him a small seductive wave. I rolled my eyes at how desperate she was. Mario gave her a simple head nod and looked at her from head to toe. He shook his head afterwards and sat beside Traci.

"How old is your cousin?" He asked Bria.

"17, why? Are you trying to hit on her?" She had a serious expression on her face.

"No! Hell no!" He mentally shook his head.

"More like your cousin is trying to hit on Mario. Did you not see that?" I said to Bria.

"No, I did not." She said blankly.

"I would appreciate if you leave my little cousin alone." She looked at Mario again.

"Maybe if you got off of your damn phone that you're always on everyday and every time, you'll realise that Abigail is thirsty as hell and that it's not Mario." Traci commented.

"Why are you getting all angry?" Bria got up and stormed out of the room.

"Thanks, girls." Mario slapped hands with Traci and I.

"No problem." I shrugged.

"How was basketball today?" Nathan asked.

"It was fun. I beat his ass." I grinned.