Chapter 7: The Guy From The Petrol Station

Normani Phillips POV
I woke up and yawned whilst I stretched my arms out like crazy. I rubbed my eyes and sat up on my bed. I was still half awake. I had an amazing time yesterday with my brother and my friends. Literally, I did. I think Nathan and Trinity are the only people that could help me let my hair down and have fun. But, it's back to work for me today at 11. I looked over at my phone that was on my dresser and pressed the home button.

"What's going on?" I spoke to myself.

"Ugh!" I realised that I forgot to turn my phone on from yesterday.

My phone turned on and saw that Ryan, Papa and Tion were blowing my phone up all night yesterday. I sighed and unlocked my phone to phone my father first. I twisted my lips to the side whilst waiting for him to answer, looking at my nails that needed to be done soon.

"Hello?" He answered his phone.

"Bonjour, Papa." I greeted him.

"Bonjour." He replied.

"I saw your missed calls last night. J'étais avec Nathan and my friends." I explained.

"I turned my phone off otherwise I would've been distracted." I added.

"Sorry." I smiled innocently as if he could see me.

"It's okay. I wanted to know if everyone was okay with the whole Christmas at home idea.".

"Yeah, everyone should be there." I nodded my head also.

"I only called you a lot of times because I was getting worried. I called Ryan so that he could call you. You should probably tell him you're okay." He coughed.

"Hm..Ça va, Papa?" I furrowed my brows a little.

"Oui." He answered.

"Just got a cough, c'est tout.".

"Alright then." I yawned.

"I'm gonna go ahead and get ready for work. I'll call Ryan on my way." I announced.

"Go ahead. Have a good day, love you.".

"Have a good day too. I love you, Papa." I grinned.

I hung up my phone and got out of bed as I made my way to my bathroom. I had s long day ahead of me and I really wanted this to go really fast so that I could continue my sleep. After getting ready, I got a message from Tion. I wasn't bothered to answer it, at all.

Tion: I know I've been blowing your phone up all night. Just wanted to know if you're okay. - 8:01am

I don't know what to do with him. Do I call him or leave it until after work? I slowly placed my phone down like he could hear me. I closed my eyes a little band relaxed afterwards. I wasn't in the mood to hear him asking where I was all night and why I wasn't picking up. Before leaving the house, I took some medicine after eating my breakfast. At 10:15am, I exited my house and headed straight for my car. I needed to get my nails done after work maybe. There was traffic today and I knew that I was gonna be late. I probably should've left at 9 or something to prepare myself. I sighed and closed my eyes, leaning my head on the window.

"Pourquoi y a-t-il du trafic? Pourquoi aujourd'hui?" I spoke to myself.

My phone began to rang and I sighed before reaching into my purse. I pulled out my phone and looked at the caller ID. It was Gabrielle.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey, Normani." She said.

"What's up? Is everything okay?" I questioned.