Chapter 21: Birthday Twins

ONE MONTH LATER
Normani Phillips POV
I rolled off of my bed and hit the ground. I couldn't be asked to get up. Last night, Nathan and his team won. I was really proud of them, especially Mario who won the winning basket. I came home a little later than usual whenever I watch his game. I was feeling really tired. I was gonna go ahead and check Trinity out today with Traci. She had just started her new job at Bria's which she started just today. Hopefully she's doing okay and isn't starting anything, she'll definitely do that if anybody gets on her bad side. She tried out another job as a receptionist but she didn't like it.

I picked up my phone and noticed that Curtis had sent a message. I rubbed my eyes and yawned before reading it.

Curtis💞😘: Happy birthday to my Queen🎉Imma be at work all day today but your mine tonight❤️- 6:22am

I smiled at the message that he had sent and replied back with a 'Thank You' and a smirk emoji. I had totally forgotten that it was my birthday today because I've been so busy at work. I placed my phone back down on the nightstand and went into my bathroom. My family had sent me messages around 12 in the morning. They were all so sweet and were paragraphs. After getting myself ready, I slicked my hair into a low bun with a side parting so that it wasn't in my way today.

After I had reached the bottom of the stairs, somebody knocked on my door. I wasn't planning on doing something. I had changed my mind. I know Angelo was definitely going to go to the club but I wasn't even going to step foot into there without causing a scene with Bria.

It's been a month since the incident and I haven't spoken to Angelo yet. I'm still waiting on his message to wish me a happy birthday but I still haven't received one yet. Ever since that day I told Traci that I felt somebody had been following us, I know that it's true.

I opened the door and a girl was standing there with her arms folded. We were about the same height but I was a little shorter. Her purple weave hung down to her waist and the black crop top that she was wearing hugged her body as her leather jacket protected her from the cold. Once she had seen me, she gave me a smile and flipped her hair before saying something to me.

"Hey, I'm Norah. You're Normani, right?" She questioned.

"Yeah, I am. Who's asking?" I furrowed my brows.

"Happy birthday." She gave me a smile.

"How do you know that it's my-?" She cut me off.

"Mind if come in?" She asked.

"Come on in." I said.

She walked inside the house and looked around as she made her way to the living room. I was a little confused to how she knew my name, address and my birthday. What else does she know about me? She took a seat on the couch and looked at me with a smile.

"Okay, why are you here?" I asked.

"My boyfriend is out here but we live in New York and I've got some dirt on your girl, Bria Moore." She looked at her manicured nails as her thick accent came through.

"What has that got to do with me?" I raised my brow.

"And she ain't my girl." I thought to myself.

"I know you like Angelo." She smirked."

"No I-What do you want?" I huffed.

"Bria and I have had this altercation in the past. I hate her. My boyfriend is cheating on me with her, she's a hoe and always has been!Bria's done something that'll ruin her relationship with Angelo, and if somebody doesn't tell him, then she's going to keep this from him and when he finds out, it's going to destroy him. What she's done was really sick!" Norah looked disgusted.