Chapter 34: Patty's Restaurant

Normani Phillips POV
I took a deep breath before touching the cold door handle to my front door. I haven't felt this nervous before on a date. I keep on feeling that I'd mess shit up and everything would be ruin because we can't go back to being best friends. We've already kissed multiple times. But we have this strong connection between each other.

I closed the door behind me and walked towards Angelo. Looking towards him, he gave me a smile. He looked good; he looked really good. My head was hurting though, so my smile kinda disappeared. I had just gotten my braids down earlier in the morning. Jumbo braids. Thought it would suit me.

Looking at Angelo, he just screams 'Boyfriend Material' and that's what I'm looking for. I just wanna be able to say 'I want you to me mine, already' but I can't. I'm guessing he had just gotten a hair cut. His waves were really good and his beard that he was growing was nicely done too. I couldn't help but smile again.

"Hey." I wrapped my arms around his shoulder and he wrapped his arms around my waist, giving each other a hug.

"Wassup?" He then kissed my cheek.

"My head is hurting me right now." I stuck my bottom lip out as he opened the car door for me to enter.

"You just got it done?" He asked and I got in.

"Yes." I slowly nodded my head because of the pain.

"Can I touch it?".

"No, I know you'll do some messed up shit to me." I squinted my eyes at him and he laughed.

"I won't." He shook his head but touched it anyway.

"You look beautiful with it, though. Suits you." He said before closing the door and walking to the other side.

"Thank you." I smiled as he put his seatbelt on.

Around each other, we just act natural because we already have that friendship bond. But the relationship bond is still the same as the friendship which is what I like. We don't have to act shy towards each other or shit.

I looked at him and he handed me his phone. I furrowed my brows before looking down at the screen then fixing my face again. I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Why does she wanna talk?" I looked at Angelo then changed the song to Ric Flair Drip and handed his phone back.

"I don't know, Normani." He shrugged.

I began bopping my head to the beginning to the music because that's what gets me hype. I then began rapping along to Offset's part and didn't realise that Angelo was just staring at me with a shocked look when I turned to look at him. I laughed it off and so did he.

-

After plenty of races, it was clear to say that Angelo was the best driver. He really was. He got the fastest times and he really smoothly went around the curves on the track. But me, I bumped into the walls like 8 or 9 times.

I linked arms with him and laid my head a little on his arm as we walked out of the building. I smiled as he was telling me that a girl was checking me out but then called him a bitch when I came over and gave him a hug.

"I didn't even realise that she was looking at you, you know?" I laughed.

"She was. Anyway, where do you wanna eat?" We stopped walking once we reached his car.

"I-." He cut me off and snaked his arms around me, pulling me into a hug.

"And don't say that you don't mind, Mani. Tell me and I'll take you there." He said making me smile extra hard.